Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Portugal - quiet beach resorts

(8 Posts)
MadameGazelle Thu 26-Oct-17 12:26:36

Hi - currently looking at Portugal as an option for our Summer holiday next year. We’ve never been before (usually go to Greek islands and Catalonia) can anyone recommend any quietist beach resorts - husband and eldest son like to surf, we’d be hiring a villa and would ideally like to be within walking distance of the beach and a couple of restaurants/bars but not bothered about busy town resorts. TIA

Ricekrispie22 Thu 26-Oct-17 13:32:27

Most definitely Foz de Lisandro!

PerfumeIsAMessage Fri 27-Oct-17 14:09:18

Cheekily place marking as I am also looking for something which is a beach holiday but not a kids club/entertainment a go go type of thing.

ToEarlyForDecorations Fri 27-Oct-17 14:18:41

Carvoeiro - Town in Portugal

Happy memories of a lovely holiday there. We hired a rental car and went for a look round. Very nice.

I drank absinthe until it came down my nose. I haven't troubled the green fairy since !

mirmc Fri 27-Oct-17 17:02:40

My friend who normally holidays in Catalonia loved Ericeira and is going back next year.

Autismdreams Fri 27-Oct-17 17:04:44

Definitely Olhos de Agua, small little town with a beautiful beach and plenty of restaurants. In-between Vilamoura (you can walk along the beach) and Albufeira. We've been three time and highly recommend.

NaiceToMeetYou Fri 27-Oct-17 17:06:56

Olhos de Agua is beautiful.

SheSparkles Fri 27-Oct-17 17:08:11

I third Olhos, the are some amazing restaurants there too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now