Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Summer Holiday Two Centre Ideas with a City and Beach/Lake

(15 Posts)
LaFlottes Thu 26-Oct-17 10:07:41

Hi - we have enjoyed holidays that incorporate beach and a city or similar but we are struggling for ideas for next year. So far we have done:
Barcelona and beach
Sorrento and Rome
Lake Garda and Venice and Verona
Marjorca and Palma

We've seen Paris and Madrid recently too.
Any ideas for us? We are a family of 3 with daughter aged 15 and loves cities and water sports.

Weather is important, guaranteed sun would be great, but Greece I think would be too hot for DD.

I did wonder about Lake Como and going up to Switzerland maybe?

Thank you!

HarrogateMum Thu 26-Oct-17 17:17:00

Last year we did a week on the silver coast in Portugal followed by four nights in Lisbon which was brilliant. Next year we are hoping to do a city break in ljubljana followed by a week on a lake in Slovenia and then a week in Croatia.

We also toyed with Venice and then a week in a villa within a couple of hours drive in Italy?

LaFlottes Thu 26-Oct-17 18:27:17

Thank you! That's really interesting you recommend Portugal and Lisbon - a few people have said it's a great City and the Silver coast sounds lovely.

I just googled ljubljana and it looks beautiful - thanks for the tip.

We went to Venice from Lake Garda and it was amazing!

Ricekrispie22 Thu 26-Oct-17 18:33:21

Malaga and Seville

There are water sport activities on the Tagus River in Lisbon, but for an extensive choice and some of the best conditions for water sports in Europe, head towards Cascais and especially Guincho Beach. visitcascais.com/en/sports/water-sports

talkshowhost97 Thu 26-Oct-17 18:39:26

Budapest and Lake Balaton?

blackteaplease Thu 26-Oct-17 18:42:22

Croatia? You could do dubrovnik and then one of the coastal resorts? The beaches aren't massively sandy but there's lots of water sports on offer.

Notalitigator Thu 26-Oct-17 18:45:02

I came on to suggest Ljubljana and Lake Bled. You could also start by flying to Venice, ferry to Pula in Croatia then onto Lake Bled and fly home from Ljubljana. (I think, I looked into this a few years ago but couldn't do it in the end)

TefalTester123 Thu 26-Oct-17 19:53:14

Or Ljubljana, Bled, Zagreb, Split?

Munich and the Alps, or one of the lakes nearby.

Lake Konstanz & lots of places.

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 26-Oct-17 19:56:33

I was going to suggest Croatia too. We stayed in Cavtat and went into Dubrovnik too last Summer.

LIZS Thu 26-Oct-17 19:59:58

Florence and Ligurian Riviera?

BarbaraofSevillle Fri 27-Oct-17 10:10:58

Lisbon and a nearby beach would be a great option, as would Malaga, Granada or Seville plus a nearby beach (Nerja for Granada or Malaga, not sure for Seville, depends what you like and how you are travelling around.

LaFlottes Fri 27-Oct-17 10:25:27

Thank you so much for these ideas - I am going to spend the weekend researching as there are loads I would never have thought of - thank you ever so much! I think I'll probably have the next few years holidays all sorted!! x

Ancienchateau Sat 28-Oct-17 10:59:05

I second Florence and Ligurian coast. We did that a couple of years ago. Was fab. Also did Rome and about an hour south on coast.

SandrasAnnoyingFriend Tue 31-Oct-17 22:07:05

Ljubljana, Bled, Rovinj
We did this last summer and it was the best holiday, couldn't fault any aspect.

dunraven Wed 01-Nov-17 23:39:47

Fly to Jerez and base yourself in Conil de la frontera. Day trips to Jerez,Seville, Cadiz, Tarifa, Vejer de la frontera and Gibraltar.

Fly to Lisbon and base yourself in Cascais with easy access to Lisbon and Sintra.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now