Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris Hotels

(15 Posts)
MrsJamesFraser Tue 24-Oct-17 20:27:49

Overwhelmed with the options so love to hear experiences and get recommendations from the experts.

Looking at New York or the Newport Bay Club. Both the same price for 2 adults, 2 kids (9&11) and the baby (20 months) - which is best? Or is there an alternative that we should consider for a 5 day break in Feb?

AndWhat Tue 24-Oct-17 20:31:04

New York is slightly closer to the park but New Port bay has just been refurbished in the last couple of years so is a lot fresher

snowball98 Tue 24-Oct-17 20:35:37

We stayed at the sequoia, which is slightly cheaper I believe. its right in between the Newport and new York so distance wise not too much difference. Sequoia also had a pool which was a nice break for a few hours. You can eat in any of the hotel restaurants, your not restricted to your own hotel, the Newport had a lovely seafood buffet.

MrsJamesFraser Thu 26-Oct-17 17:49:03

Thanks both. I didn't know you could eat anywhere, that's really good to know! Think we are swaying toward New York primarily as closer to park.

IAmBreakmasterCylinder Thu 26-Oct-17 17:50:26

New York is a bit tired and old. It's due a refurb soon. I'd go for Sequoia as well. It'll be a bit cheaper.

Quartz2208 Thu 26-Oct-17 17:50:34

Newport Bay is much nicer in my opinion I find the New York souless

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 26-Oct-17 17:52:43

New York just looked like a bog standard hotel.

I liked the Wild West themed one.

2belles Sun 29-Oct-17 22:14:44

We have stayed in all onsite hotels except disneyland hotel (nxt time). Seqouia lodge is our favourite.

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 29-Oct-17 22:19:27

We quite liked the distance from the Newport Bay to the park, it was a nice walk. It's not that far at all.

OlafLovesAnna Sun 29-Oct-17 22:43:11

We've booked adjoining rooms in the Sequoia Lodge for Feb. I think I was swayed from the Newport by descriptions of open fires, well, that and the fact my kids would prefer the restaurant there if we happen to be so knackered we have to eat in one night.

mouldycheesefan Mon 30-Oct-17 08:39:53

We like the Disneyland because it's right at e park gates and has decent food. Newport bay I found a bit of a scrum at breakfast. eaten at New York but not stayed there. id always go for the nearest to the park

rvge Mon 30-Oct-17 08:46:15

Obviously the Disney hotel is the nearest to the park but very expensive. In my opinion the New York is the best as it's the closest to Disney village and also the closest (apart from the Disney hotel) to the park. It also has the out door skating rink which is open in the winter.

MrsJamesFraser Tue 31-Oct-17 18:22:22

Thank you for all replies! We are going at same time as friends who are staying at Sequioa but have booked Newport Bay. Have booked character breakfast on our first morning. Any other must dos while we are there?

BernardsBum Thu 02-Nov-17 14:28:38

Bump
We have just booked Newport Bay, so interested in any recommendations.

Dailystuck71 Sat 04-Nov-17 15:04:41

We love the disneyland hotel. Particularly good for us as we only go in Winter so it’s easy to pop back, get changed or have a warm up. We’ve done Newport bay but that was pre refurb. Didn’t rate it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: