Talk

Advanced search

Sheraton Fuerteventura

(15 Posts)
CisMyArse Sun 22-Oct-17 10:36:29

Off the Caleta de Fuste for half term next week - has anyone been here recently? Anything worse seeing? Avoiding? We've been lucky enough to get a really good deal with The Sheraton and it all looks rather lovely. Looking forward to it immensely so any hints and tips would be appreciated.

2014newme Sun 22-Oct-17 12:11:32

Yes went about 5 years ago. Very Short transfer from airport. Nice hotel the kids pool is heated. Very impressive pool area. Lovely rooms with the wow factor. Kids popped to kids club a couple times, good facilities there. Camels on the beach. Dud hire a car but there isn't vast amount to see on the island, we saw what there was, a unesco world heritage village I remember.
Overall good hotel, high standard of accommodation, excellent pools. Enjoyed it. Kids were age 4 when we went. They are 10 and still talk about the 'toy pool' as they called it.

2014newme Sun 22-Oct-17 12:12:12

We were full board.

CisMyArse Sun 22-Oct-17 21:21:32

Thanks! Do we need to take towels? I can't see anything on their website but surely a 5* will provide pool and room towels?

2014newme Sun 22-Oct-17 21:51:16

You don't need to take towels! 😂

CisMyArse Mon 23-Oct-17 05:39:55

I know it's a daft question but we've camped for the last 10 years.

What about the beach? Will the hotel be willing for towels to be used on the beach?

2014newme Mon 23-Oct-17 08:43:39

Yes fine. The beach is OK but we never spent any real time there. There were no sun loungers or parasols or anything on the beach then. There may be now if course. If you are used to camping you will really enjoy the hotel facilities and as I say the rooms were really nice. What board basis are you in? Hotel is very expensive for any meals not included in your board.

2014newme Mon 23-Oct-17 08:44:03

Yes fine refers to taking towels to beaches

friendlymum67 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:55:51

We stayed at Caleta in August, not the Sheraton but hotel very nearby. Absolutely loved it. Lovely views, great promenade, harbour. Town only a short walk. You can hire electric scooters for whizzing along the promenade!

We did visit the zoo, to be honest wouldn't recommend it but if you have young children you may feel differently.

CisMyArse Mon 23-Oct-17 09:32:55

Thanks everyone.
We could only get B&B for some reason so may try to upgrade on arrival.

2014newme Mon 23-Oct-17 09:43:35

The meals in the hotel were very expensive so we were glad to be full board. I suspect the reason you've got a great deal is because it's b and b so when you add on the meal Costs it may be less great than it first appeared. Have you checked the upgrade costs? May be worth getting hold of a menu so you can see the meal Costs and work it out. The food was good if I recall.

2014newme Mon 23-Oct-17 09:47:52

Actually I just had a look at the hotel menu and it's not looking too bad, you could get dinner for 4 if you all just had a main course fir about 60 euros plus drinks

Justgivemesomepeace Mon 23-Oct-17 09:49:54

Get a taxi from the airport. It's not worth paying for the shuttle bus thing as it's so close. Think it was about 20 euros.

RavingRoo Mon 23-Oct-17 09:52:41

It’s nice but I’ve stayed in better. It’s nothing at all like the Sheraton in Tenerife which is proper class, but it’s cheaper. One piece of advice - dinner there isn’t worth the expense, you’ll get a better meal outside of the hotel!

CisMyArse Mon 23-Oct-17 12:51:22

Some fab advice here. Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now