Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Salema, Algarve

(7 Posts)
AvonCallingBarksdale Sat 21-Oct-17 22:29:30

Hi. Has anyone ever been to Salema? We’ve been to the algarve before - Luz and Lagos and really enjoyed, but fancy a different bit next year. Thanks.

gardeningsarah Sat 21-Oct-17 22:36:48

Yes we stayed at the salema beach village. Very impressed. It's about a 10 mins walk into the main village and about 15 mins back up a very steep hill. They run a shuttle bus to and back from the village.

We didn't spend much time there during the day we went out exploring the fab beaches on the west coast. Great for surfing and body boarding. We ate out most nights in one of the restaurants in salema.

magentastardust Sun 22-Oct-17 00:57:40

Haven't stayed there but regularly go to the beach there when we are staying in other parts of the Algarve. Pretty place.

AvonCallingBarksdale Sun 22-Oct-17 11:22:15

Thank you. So 2 weeks with DC aged 11 and 13 would be good - lots of lovely beaches and good places to eat out. I read something on TA about the once-lovely fishing village of Salema having been ruined by high rises. Admittedly it was one negative review amongst many positives but would you say there’s any truth in that? Certainly hasn’t been our experience of the western Algarve so far.

PurpleAlerts Mon 23-Oct-17 12:36:13

Salema is just lovely- my favourite beach on the Algarve. It's about an hour and ten from Faro airport and I would recommend you get a car as its a bit out of the way. Not a huge resort with lots of new villas and apartments- very smart! Not sure what you mean about high rises- I can't think of any I have seen there!
I was there just yesterday! Take a look!

gardeningsarah Mon 23-Oct-17 17:53:52

Can't remember anything being particularly high rise. If you are going to the beaches on the west coast take wetsuits the sea is not that warm. Everyone wears them on the beach especially if surfing or bodyboarding. We found a good place to hire boards from which was a lot cheaper then when at the beach.

AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 24-Oct-17 11:55:50

Thanks, all. Looks lovely - just need to convince DH now... I’ve been looking at flights in Skyscanner - still seem v expensive; is there another website worth trying?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now