Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone care to help me find this holiday?

(11 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 18-Oct-17 11:23:13

Two families, DCs will be 17, 13 and 8.

We need golf (lots of golf) tennis and swimming.
Other mum likes sunbathing, I like being active.
We need a gym too.

Definitely not Portugal as we've been there too much.
Maybe All Inclusive resort for a change as we normally do villa/apartment in Portugal.

Any ideas gratefully received,
TIA

iseenodust Wed 18-Oct-17 12:51:28

Halkidiki. Not stayed here but like the area.

LapdanceShoeshine Wed 18-Oct-17 13:27:37

That resort in Spain that footballers go to - La Manga

Probably wildly expensive but has everything

lamangaclub.com/en/la-manga-club-resort

Otherwise there are loads of golf courses along the S coast of Spain

LapdanceShoeshine Wed 18-Oct-17 13:31:26

Good lord, Porto Carras - that's a blast from the past for me, iseenodust!

DH & I camped on the beach in Neos Marmaras 40 years ago & Carras was just getting going along the coast grin

LapdanceShoeshine Wed 18-Oct-17 13:35:38

This one's near Jerez - possibly a bit too near Portugal for you though?

www.barcelo.com/en-gb/hotels/spain/andalusia/cadiz/barcelo-montecastillo-golf/

LapdanceShoeshine Wed 18-Oct-17 13:39:38

This one's near Marbella - proper Costa del Sol grin

Think of it as Andalucia though & research the area on that basis - Andalucia is a fabulous province!

www.tennisinthesun.com/spain-estepona/

DarthMaiden Wed 18-Oct-17 13:41:40

You’d love Aphrodite Hills in Cyrus.

http://www.aphroditehills.com/Aphrodite-hills/

There are villlas (with private pools) and a hotel all set around a golf course.

The resort has numerous shops and restaurants and a spa. There’s loads of other activities also on offer including horse riding, water sports, mountain biking etc

We loved it - the villa we stayed in was very high spec and all the facilities were great.

http://www.aphroditehills.com

From the website:

At Aphrodite Hills Resort, there is no shortage of different ways in which to spend your time. Aphrodite Hills Resort has quickly established itself as one of the few resorts to offer top class sports facilities and activities. On top of state of the art gym and The Retreat spa, Aphrodite boasts some of finest onsite active sports facilities from our 18-hole Championship golf course to full tennis courts, our accredited Football Academy, and bountiful space within our grounds for walking, swimming and cycling. The important thing to remember is that you call the shots.

Or why not indulge in a bit of fine dining in one of our restaurants and bars or some shopping on our the luxury shops conveniently located in the heart of the resort at the Village Square? Alternatively, for that classic Cyprus experience, let yourself unwind and relax in the two naturally stunning nearby beaches on offer at our site in Paphos.

mckenzie Wed 18-Oct-17 16:00:22

thank you SO much for the ideas. I'm looking at them all now.

DarthMaiden Wed 18-Oct-17 16:49:07

Let us know how you get on!

DarthMaiden Wed 18-Oct-17 17:16:48

Just to add there’s 2 other golf courses fairly near to Approdite Hills - Elea and Vikla if you want a bit of variety. Elea was designed by Nick Faldo.

mckenzie Wed 18-Oct-17 22:51:11

So far we have written off Halkidiki (not enough golf) and Aphrodite Hills (too hot but love the look of the place and think we might try and get a week there during the may/June half term so thank you for the recommendation).
The Barcelo in Cadiz - looks perfect ad I've asked for a price.

The Tennisinthesun one in Estapona is perfect but it's currently under going a refurb and will re open in June under a different name; bookings aren't being taken just yet.

La Mangabey is an option but DH and I have been the before and it does mean we'd need two cars so we are leaving that one for now.

Tennisinthesun are checking some other hotels for us and will be back tomorrow.

So all in all, quite a productive search and I thank you all very much for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now