Talk

Advanced search

Where In December?

(12 Posts)
Fishface77 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:32:34

Preferably somewhere warm. Me, DH and 2 kids 10&6!
Pls help

mummymeister Wed 18-Oct-17 08:21:35

If you are looking for proper warm - shorts and t shirts, swimming in hotel pool etc then you are looking a lot further than a short haul flight to find this. Cyprus is 4hrs+ and that wont be that warm in December. you need somewhere like florida, florida keys, mexico Caribbean etc. also assuming that by December you mean Christmas school holidays. this is going to be the most expensive time of year so you will need a really good budget. how long for and how much did you want to spend? you can use the accuweather website to input places you want to visit and find out what the average temperatures are.

CottonSock Wed 18-Oct-17 08:57:17

Canaires.. but also 4 hours

2014newme Wed 18-Oct-17 09:16:27

Canaries will be warmest on Europe but make sure there us a heated pool

BarbaraofSevillle Wed 18-Oct-17 16:48:36

Canaries might be warm and sunny but can be hit and miss. We went to Lanzarote mid December las year and had 6 days warm, mid 20s, sunny and one cloudy/rainy day. But Lanzarote does have plenty to do if not beach weather.

If you just want a sunny AI holiday, there's Cape Verde? Depends on your budget and how far you want to go really. If the world's your Oyster, it will be mid summer in Australia.

KingIrving Fri 20-Oct-17 09:27:29

It might be summer in Australia but it doesn't mean hot! I have been here three years. In the same week, you will have 33 degrees then the next day it plunges to 12.
Every summer, I keep putting duvet away, duvet back, away,back! and the water is freeeeeeezing even in January. If you look at a map, we are quite close to the South Pole! I am in Sydney.

I have been maybe 15 times to the Canaries for christmas. You have good years and bad years, but even when warm it is never hot. In the evenings you need a jumper AND a jacket .
And the is heated pool and heated pool.

The warmest water I have swam in was in Bali. Christmas time. Like a hot tub. A pure bliss. I would spend my day in the water. We had some showers but the weather was nice and hot. Thailand is nice as well.

Asia is nice and cheaper than the Caribic, unless you want those massive resorts, then you have more choice in the Caribic.

Egypt used to be the best spot for Christmas for short haul. Both Sharm and Hurgada are hot and water is warm. But it is not safe anymore. Don't even think about taking the risk, because even if nothing happens, your stay will be crap. Tourism has plunged, staff is reduced to minimum, maintenance ditto and they sell last minute holidays to Russia for $100 a week, and prepare food accordingly. The cheapest and worst.
Asia is cheap, nice and warm. Go for it.

Dancergirl Sun 22-Oct-17 10:35:32

How about Eilat in Israel?

KingIrving Sun 22-Oct-17 10:44:25

Brilliant suggestion! Somehow we never think about Israel as a touristic destination. Yet we go to Dubai.
Is it hot in December? It is a bit higher than Sharm.

Dancergirl Sun 22-Oct-17 10:47:14

We went to Eilat in January when I was pregnant with dd1. My birthday is mid-January and I spent it sitting by the outdoor pool smile

The days can be quite short in the winter and you need a jacket in the evenings but you do get reasonably high temps and lots of sun in the daytime.

Branleuse Sun 22-Oct-17 10:55:30

Depends what you mean by warm and how far you want to go/budget. You could get tshirt weather in southern spain, malta, cyprus, but for beach, id go for canaries. I dont know about any long haul

TheFairyCaravan Sun 22-Oct-17 11:19:31

Cape Verde will be warm enough to swim and sit by the pool in December.

We went to Eilat in November once. It was really, really hot.

midsomermurderess Wed 25-Oct-17 01:11:57

Maybe Tel Aviv, so much more than just beaches and it should be warm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now