Talk

Advanced search

Am I mad to consider dlp on my own with 3?

(12 Posts)
tinkitonki Tue 17-Oct-17 19:03:37

Hi,
Never been to Disneyland Paris but I would love to take our kids, however partner absolutely will not go, not interested at all so I'm wondering if I'm crazy to consider it on my own with all 3?
They would be 7,5 and just 1. The elder 2 aren't that bothered about fast rides so we would be sticking to baby friendly ones, and I'd make it easy on myself, Eurostar straight to the park and stay in a Disney hotel, poss New York or Newport bay as I gather you can access the parks on foot from these 2 rather than being tied to a shuttle bus.

Will I really struggle without another pair of hands, adult to go on rides, que up for stuff or is it doable? I don't want to end up a stressed out mess....

Ricekrispie22 Tue 17-Oct-17 21:23:56

It really depends on a lot, such as wha time of year you're going, your children's behaviour and expectations of the experience, how organised you are and how much you want to do. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 17-Oct-17 21:24:47

How about taking all three to somewhere like Legoland or Chessington first, before committing to DLP.

headintheproverbial Tue 17-Oct-17 21:25:46

I think it sounds like a total slog for you!!

ninnynono Tue 17-Oct-17 21:34:09

I think it sounds fine. But then I'm someone who just gets on with stuff when it comes to travel and kids. Sometimes I find it even easier on my own, especially if it's doing something that DH wouldn't want to do.

Is your 7 year old helpful?

Zippea Tue 17-Oct-17 21:35:28

I’m going with my two girls on my own. I’m flying and staying at DLP half board - will let you know how I find it in case I can pass on any tips!

Trailedanderror Tue 17-Oct-17 21:37:22

Leave the one year old at home with dp- he'll get nothing out of it and you'll have an easier time with the 5&7 year old.

AgentProvocateur Tue 17-Oct-17 21:40:12

Leave the baby at home and take the two older ones. That would be much more doable.

Ylvamoon Tue 17-Oct-17 21:41:18

I think it is possible, but you have to be realistic. Travel and theme park with your youngest is going to be though. So no holiday for you!
Have a look on their website to see which rides you will be able to go on. It might not be worth it as they often go by hight / age which will cut LO out of most rides.
Would it be possible just to take the 2 older ones?

chantilly70 Tue 17-Oct-17 21:55:56

Neither my husband or I were keen on going and only booked it at DD's insistence. In the end the whole family loved it and we went back several times with our annual pass. If your DP doesn't want to go I would just go with the older two. The highlight for us was the evening show and fireworks and you wouldn't want to keep a 1 yr old up for that. It will also be easier for you to walk round and enjoy the rides with the older two. I would recommend travelling by Eurostar for an easy journey. I might ask a relative eg. mother or sister if they wanted to come too.

OutandIntoday Tue 17-Oct-17 22:08:54

As pps have said the baby will get nothing out of it - perfectly doable on your own with 2 dc.

tinkitonki Tue 17-Oct-17 22:59:32

Thanks. You have confirmed my thoughts that while doable it's probably madness to take the baby. The older 2 are generally well behaved and stick close in crowds so I'm not too worried, but then who knows how they would be in Disney.

In principal I could leave the baby at home except, he would have to go to grandmas as my dw would still have to work, and he's a bottle refuser, though I've time to work on that as I'm looking at Feb half term.

No other relatives to ask as they all have their own small kids.

Zippea, Amy tips would be great, I hope you enjoy your trip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now