Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal to bring beach towels?

(10 Posts)
takemetothebeachplease Sat 14-Oct-17 10:44:57

I’m going to stay in a villa, is it normally expected that you bring your own beach towels?

dementedpixie Sat 14-Oct-17 11:01:34

We had to take some and also bought some in a local supermarket when we got there. Villa only provided bath towels/ hand towels

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sat 14-Oct-17 13:50:35

We've always taken beach towels when staying in a villa. I think only once were there any there already.

insancerre Sat 14-Oct-17 13:51:24

Yes, totally normal

user1494670108 Sat 14-Oct-17 14:01:11

Yes, they usually provide bath towels but not beach towels

metalmum15 Sat 14-Oct-17 14:08:15

Yes we always have to take beach towels in a villa.

bingohandjob Sun 15-Oct-17 04:24:32

I can strongly recommend Turkish towels if you do take your own - large, linen/cotton towels which dry super quick and are far more practical for the beach. I take mine on every holiday to use as scarf/sarong/picnic blanket/pool cover up. Grab them cheap on eBay, get softer with each wash, don't take up much room.

AnyFucker Sun 15-Oct-17 04:25:35

Email the owner and ask. Ours are provided.

yasmin05 Mon 16-Oct-17 08:49:55

Yes, I do have several beach towels I occasionally bring with me whenever we go for beach vacations. Some villas and resorts don't usually have beach towels instead only bath towels.

jenpetronus Mon 16-Oct-17 12:57:32

We own a house in France and provide bath towels and kitchen linen. In our first year we provided beach towels too - they only lasted a year! Unfortunately they get covered in sun cream, sand, not dried properly and get generally trashed. As most people come here by ferry it's not a problem to bring them - but we do offer a few old ones if people forget (rather than trashing our White Company bathroom ones wink ) I'd ask the villa owners - if you are flying they may hire them out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now