Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any Disneyland Paris experts on here? Advice on family trips.

(12 Posts)
KitKat1985 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:49:18

Hi. I am aware that there is another DLP thread on here but I didn't want to thread hijack so thought I'd start my own. I'm thinking about doing a trip to DLP next October with DD1 (who will be 4) and DD2 (who will be nearly 2). I have been to DLP 3 times before over the past 15 years but I've never been with children before. For reasons related to not wanting the DDs to wake each other up constantly all night, and because it would be nice for me and DH not to have to sit quietly in darkness after the kids have gone to sleep as we would have to in a traditional hotel 'family room' where all the beds are in one room, I'd love ideally to stay somewhere with 3 separate bedrooms in like a caravan or apartment near to the parks. What's the best (in terms of distance to the parks) and most cost effective way of doing this? Also, in terms of travelling to the parks, what do you think is the easiest way of doing this? I've driven to the parks twice before and found the drive from Calais down to the parks really dull, and preferred taking the Eurostar. But, not sure this would be better with the kids really as to get to St. Pancreas in time for the departing train we would have to get a train at about 6.30am (so get the kids up at 5am) and ditto probably wouldn't get home until about 10pm after the return train journey, and am wondering if that's going to really torturous with young kids (DD2 in particular gets as ratty as hell if she's tired). Whereas the drive would be longer and probably more boring, but the travel times would be more kid friendly. Any advice?

Ricekrispie22 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:49:37

Les Etangs Fleuris is a good value family holiday park just 25mins drive from Disneyland. It's just over 3 hours drive from Calais. Most cabins have a double and a twin, but I think most of them have additional sleeping option for 2 on a sofa bed. I'd take the ferry rather than Eurostar or Eurotunnel so they can have a leg stretch, toilet and food for an hour on the journey. My kids loved the ferry.

KitKat1985 Fri 13-Oct-17 10:16:27

Thank you ricekrispie. I've been on their website and Les Etangs Fleuris looks really good thank you. I agree with you that if we're driving down I think a ferry would be better than Eurotunnel as It'll be a break from being in the car for a bit as the DDs can walk around / get some food etc, and I think they would be excited about going on 'a very big boat'!

TheSconeOfStone Fri 13-Oct-17 16:38:51

We drove one year and stayed at Les Etangs Fleuris which was fine. it was boiling hot August so we appreciated the outdoor pool. We parked at Disney as we had annual passes, it was free and we got there early to be close to the park entrance. You can park for free at the shopping centre Val D'Europe an do one stop on the train which is closer to the entrance than the car park.

One our second visit we flew and stayed at the Adagio apartments. It was one bedroom with twin beds in the lounge diner. Very reasonably priced and a free bus to DLP. Getting on the bus at the end of the days was a bit of a scrum though.

KitKat1985 Fri 13-Oct-17 17:40:37

Thank you for that TheSconeOfStone. The more I think about it staying somewhere with a pool etc and going for a slightly longer break sounds like a good idea, as I think the DDs may get tired if we try to do theme parks for hours each day of the trip, so maybe go and have a 'breather day' in the middle where we all just chill a bit more and the DDs play in a pool might be nice (and give all of our feet a break)!

Floralnomad Wed 18-Oct-17 21:42:36

Sorry have come to this late but have you looked at the centreparcs place that has opened next door to Disney this year .

KitKat1985 Thu 19-Oct-17 09:57:55

Oh really? Do you know what the name of the centerparcs place is?

Floralnomad Thu 19-Oct-17 15:04:10

Villages Nature Paris I think . I've not been , we always stay at the Disneyland hotel now . I don't think it's an actual centreparcs but a French equivalenty type thing .

CotswoldStrife Thu 19-Oct-17 15:14:59

It's not a Centre Parcs, but is very similar in style - it's next door to the Davy Crockett Ranch which is Disney accommodation. If you are driving, the Ranch has static caravans cabins which have two separate bedrooms and a living area. The cooking facilities are not great, and the pool (which is fab) is closed for a large part of next year although it should be open by the time you go, I think.

The Les Etangs looks lovely too, when we've been to Disney we tend to stay at the Ranch so the ticket price is included as well as free parking (you do need a car at the Ranch).

Floralnomad Thu 19-Oct-17 15:21:16

We stayed at the ranch some summers when our dc were very small and it was perfectly functional . The drive to the park is simple and quick .

BobbyGentry Thu 19-Oct-17 15:29:47

My family enjoyed taking the euroshuttle from St Pancras direct to Disney. Then one stop to Val D’Europe. There’s a good supermarket in the mall. There are many decent Airbnb apartments available in Val D’Europe too, some may suit your needs?

KitKat1985 Fri 20-Oct-17 10:27:06

Hello thank you for all of your replies. I am very grateful. I will look at the Villages Nature Paris and the Davy Crockett ranch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now