Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Florence in December

(3 Posts)
Laska5772 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:00:00

A Big Birthday treat for me (so excited!) Just the two of us . We will be 5 days taking in a Sunday.. Apart from the big sights what shouldnt I miss. ? We love walking and exploring odd corners on city breaks but have never been to Florence before..Staying right in the centre .

I might also look for some Christmas foodie or other gifts . So any great ideas for shopping , markets and good places to eat would be appreciated.
Thanks smile

babyadventuring Tue 31-Oct-17 22:05:06

The big food market round the corner from the Duomo is fantastic for visiting and foodie souvenirs and there’s a great food hall upstairs for lunch. Some great quirky little shops on the other side of the Arno from the Duomo too, can’t remember the name of the street but you turn right a couple of streets after Ponte Vecchio and walk parallel to the river. Have a brilliant time!

twofalls Wed 08-Nov-17 14:05:46

The food market laska mentioned is amazing, and there is another market just outside of it. More leather goods than you will ever need in your life. If you want an evening activity I can highly recommend a pizza and gelato making course with Walkabout Florence. We just got back and it was one our girls trip highlights. Gives you something else to do in the evening.

Have fun, I loved Florence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now