Talk

Advanced search

City break in january

(8 Posts)
Justtrying Sun 08-Oct-17 17:47:22

Looking to spoil my dh for 3 nights end of Jan for a 3 night child free break. No more than 2 hours from Manchester, by road, rail, air or sea. Budget about £1000. Want chilled and maybe foodie, where would you go?

Ricekrispie22 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:07:06

Manchester to Reykjavik in Iceland is 2hrs30mins so I'd go to try and see Northern Lights. A visit to the gloriously warm Blue Lagoon would be even more special with snow on the ground!

Crumbs1 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:08:26

Reykjavik would top my list too.

Ninja12345 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:19:56

Madrid - sunny, warm enough to sit outside in the day, good food, friendly people, great shops and amazing museums.
Or Sevilla - hotter, beautiful city, great food and culture again. Might be longer than 2 hours, not sure.

ZaraW Mon 09-Oct-17 11:20:17

Reykjavik is awesome it's small enough to explore in a couple of days it's worth going on a day trip to see the amazing beaches, we also did the husky riding which was the highlight of the holiday. The I love Reykjavik walking tour is fab and The Grapevine newspaper let's you know the latest bars and restaurants.

itsmehello Mon 09-Oct-17 14:35:46

I'd go to Salzburg. Beautiful old town, even prettier when it's covered in snow. Hotels come cheap in January too and you do a day trip to the lakes and mountains just outside.

bananafanana1 Mon 09-Oct-17 17:26:09

Northcote or le enclume - both have rooms. Fantastic food at both, try the lunch menus if budget needs to stretch a bit - recommend both though haven’t stayed st Northcote

Justtrying Wed 11-Oct-17 15:29:16

Reykjavik is looking promising with suitable flight times, working with an Icelandic colleague this weekendso will pick their brains. Otherwise I think iit will be the uk so possibly Northcoat or Le Enclume.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now