Talk

Advanced search

Paris hotels - romantic, not too pricey

(12 Posts)
rookiemere Fri 06-Oct-17 15:37:37

We're having 2 childfree nights in Paris whilst DS is on a school trip. I've just booked the flights, but am overwhelmed by the hotel choice.

Any recommendations please - preferably 3 star or above. Oh and as we're childfree for once, we definitely want to stay in a hotel rather than an apartment or AirBnB.

bingohandjob Fri 06-Oct-17 21:19:27

We stayed here and loved it...fab streets to wander and wonderful cafes and bars. The hotel was perfect for us - absolutely wonderful staff and I thought a really good price www.arts-hotel-paris.com would go back again in a heartbeat.

Bluntness100 Fri 06-Oct-17 21:27:53

Maybe it’s out of budget. But my god, the Sofitel at the champs elysees is something else, huge beds, massive pillows and quilts, so Parisian, very boutique, I’ve stayed in Paris many times for work, and this one is honest to god, hands down rhe most romantic. I was on my own, as work trip, but honestly this is something else entirely.

You lie there in a huge cloud of bedding , looking out over your balcony and think, you have to be kidding me. If I was going romantic, this would be my choice.

rookiemere Fri 06-Oct-17 21:58:29

Arts hotel looks nice and definitely within budget, Sofitel a bit pricier, but as its November prices may go down

Starisnotanumber Sun 08-Oct-17 11:43:22

Hotel Porte doree a little bit further out than others but right on the metro so traveling around really easy.
They even have a Romantic package with rose petals and champagne if that's what you want?

rookiemere Sun 08-Oct-17 19:04:05

Thanks does sound tres romantique

Starisnotanumber Sun 08-Oct-17 21:16:45

It's the hotel de la Porte doree it's the My love package it's only is on their own website under offers.
Its a great hotel even if you don't go for the extras

CardinalSin Tue 10-Oct-17 18:42:20

Might be a bit on the pricey side, but the Belle Juliette is in a lovely area, and quite romantic.

rookiemere Tue 10-Oct-17 21:32:29

Hi Belle Juliette looks nice and just about in budget. Is breakfast worth it ?

PlausibleSuit Tue 10-Oct-17 21:40:21

The Hotel Dupond Smith in Le Marais is gorgeous. Tiny, but lovely. Very friendly staff (not always a given, in Paris!).

CardinalSin Tue 10-Oct-17 21:53:33

To be honest, we never bothered with breakfast (enjoying the child free experience of not having to get up early)! And even if we do get up in time, I prefer to go to a little cafe instead.

CardinalSin Tue 10-Oct-17 21:57:55

Also, the Rue du Cherche Midi is a lovely little Parisian street with shops, restaurants and cafes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now