Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does such a place exist?

(17 Posts)
Agnesmay Wed 04-Oct-17 12:37:00

I have been looking for our summer holiday next year but so far been unsuccessful.
We are looking for a all inclusive resort up to about 5 hours flight time.
I want good food ( this is very important) some evening entertainment and a few water slides for my eight year olds.
It needs to be close to shops and restaurants and there needs to be things to do outside of the resort.
I can't believe it's so hard to find.
Should say I don't want turkey as we are going back there in may and not Egypt.
Anyone got any recommendations

ninjapants Wed 04-Oct-17 12:50:47

You don't state what your budget is? Is that why you're struggling to find somewhere?
Are you tied to school hols?

2014newme Wed 04-Oct-17 13:34:45

Sovereign holidays have loads of family friendly all inclusives on their website

Agnesmay Wed 04-Oct-17 13:52:17

Sorry I should have said, we do need to go in the school holidays.
Our budget is probably about £6000 but would be willing to pay a bit more for somewhere perfect

ninjapants Wed 04-Oct-17 15:36:06

I wouldn't have thought you'd struggle to find what you want with that budget tbh. You could try going further afield, a family I know go to the Far East most summers as it's around the same price as two weeks 4* all inclusive in Tenerife but a completely different holiday experience.

ninjapants Wed 04-Oct-17 15:36:07

I wouldn't have thought you'd struggle to find what you want with that budget tbh. You could try going further afield, a family I know go to the Far East most summers as it's around the same price as two weeks 4* all inclusive in Tenerife but a completely different holiday experience.

Celticlassie Wed 04-Oct-17 15:43:22

Sounds like the Canaries would be perfect.

dingit Wed 04-Oct-17 15:45:01

Holiday village Rhodes. Get a swim up room smile

Agnesmay Wed 04-Oct-17 16:09:18

I have priced up holiday village Rhodes, it comes in at just over £7000 for a swim up room.I am considering itsmileis it worth the £1000 extra for a swim up room?
We would be happy to go further afield as we have previous years but really wanted a shorter flight without jet lag this year.

2014newme Wed 04-Oct-17 16:13:06

We're going to hv Rhodes next year it's not my normal thing but the kids will like it. We're going in may though so it's £4400

Sunnyshores Wed 04-Oct-17 17:25:48

There are some lovely AI resports in Sardinia, not sure theres alot of life outside the resorts though.

chipsandpeas Wed 04-Oct-17 17:34:45

louis patheon beach hotel in paphos cyprus its about a 30 min walk outside paphos but theres a bus stop outside, it has some waterslides onsite but across from paphos waterpark
the food was one of the best ive ever had

ems137 Wed 04-Oct-17 18:44:42

Blue lagoon TUI family life in Kos. It's much better food than the holiday villages (we've stayed in a few).

We got a swim up room and loved it but don't normally when in resorts like that.

Agnesmay Wed 04-Oct-17 18:59:39

Great thanks for the suggestions,I will have a look at all of them.
We had a private pool room this year so we've all been a bit spoilt!

2014newme Wed 04-Oct-17 19:33:38

See my kids always want to be in the main pool with other kids 😂 they don't appreciate a private pool at all! Philistines!
Have to say we usually go long haul and as we want to stay in Europe next year it's actually more expensive than many long haul places so we've had to downgrade on hotels

silkpyjamasallday Wed 04-Oct-17 20:25:51

I think eight year olds would be delighted with a swim up room. I know I would be!

Agnesmay Thu 05-Oct-17 12:22:09

The Louis pantheon looks lovely and seems to be what we are looking for. However, there are no a la carte restaurants.How was the food in the buffet and was there enough variety that you didn't get bored with it.
Our children like to play in the main pool with the other children but the private pool was great to go back to in the afternoons and evenings to relax and cool down.however,it's not essential.
The rooms on European resorts seem to be smaller on the whole which is fine and we don't spend that much time in the room

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now