Talk

Advanced search

Anyone stayed ar the Hard Rock Hotel in Tenerife?

(9 Posts)
Todayisanewday75 Fri 29-Sep-17 08:51:24

I booked it yesterday for half term on a bit of a whim. Just wondering if anyone had any experience of it.

Madbengalmum Sat 07-Oct-17 16:18:28

No experience of hotel,but it is in a very isolated area which isn't the greatest in terms of attractiveness

Dailystuck71 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:19:32

We saw it being built last year. It's a fair bit out of adeje with not a lot near by.

pinkchampagne1 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:48:29

We stayed in the Bahia Principe which is very nearby and were watching it being built last year. It is in a remote area but you can easily get buses or cabs from the hotel if you want to venture out. The Hard Rock hotel looks very nice.

Kipi Mon 09-Oct-17 15:51:45

Is that the one in Playa Paraiso?

Todayisanewday75 Wed 11-Oct-17 07:37:51

Thanks for the replies. Hadn't realised it was so isolated but I think the hotel itself being nice is the main thing. To be honest DCs (5 & 8) are happy with pools and kids club most of the time.
How long would it take to walk to restaurants and shops?

pinkchampagne1 Wed 11-Oct-17 21:27:18

We have always been happy chilling round the pool but there are always buses and cabs outside the hotels. We visited Siam water park and went into Las Americas but were relieved to get back to the hotel after! If you want to visit places with more shops and restaurants you would need to get a bus but there are some small shops etc near the Hard Rock. I know this as we had to walk to the pharmacy there last time as my husband had an ear infection.

Dowser Wed 18-Oct-17 10:17:21

I'm in Tenerife now and haven't seen it.
Now I've read where it is, no wonder.
We tend to stay around las Americas/ Los Cris
Especially Los Cris as we like the ambience there.
Should be ok for you if there's a pool and taxis are quite cheap.
Kids will love monkey world. Ask at hotel, there may be a free bus.
It's beautifully laid out and animals are well cared for . Only €5 for children and €10 for adults.
It's beautiful here right now.
Yesterday was 28 and so much nicer than the 34 we had the days before when it was grey and muggy with the calima.

Todayisanewday75 Sat 28-Oct-17 09:50:51

We're back and all thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so that we might go again. We found a handful of local bars/restaurantsa and apart from breakfast we only ate in the hotel once which was expensive and vast portions of not terribly exciting food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now