Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Haven't had a package holiday for 20 years!

(8 Posts)
yodelehoho Mon 25-Sep-17 16:14:39

Have always just booked flight and accommodation however as we are hoping to go away over 25 December until early Jan it might be easier to do this.

Have no idea which holiday operators are reputable. Thinking of Tenerife, Madeira, Cyprus or Oman. Can anyone help?

BarbaraofSevillle Tue 26-Sep-17 21:16:41

We've had some great deals with jet2holidays, who go to all the places you've listed except Oman. Often cheaper than booking separately.

LoniceraJaponica Tue 26-Sep-17 22:21:58

Another vote for Jet2.

I also rate Thomsons. Not all of their holidays are to crammed beaches in Magaluf/Benidorm. We had a lovely holiday to Sicily this year in a typically Italian resort with not an all day English breakfast or karaoke bar in sight.

IMO package tour operators have upped their game.

BarbaraofSevillle Wed 27-Sep-17 06:19:33

A package holiday is just a way of booking the flight, transfer and accomodation in one go instead of separately. It could look exactly the same as booking separately.

The last package holiday we went on was to a boutique hotel on Gozo. I don't even think there are any AI hotels on the island and it is very quiet and laid back.

www.jet2holidays.com/malta/malta-and-gozo/marsalforn-gozo/murella-living

yodelehoho Wed 27-Sep-17 11:06:55

Thanks all. That looks nice BarbaraofSeville but I see they don't fly there in December.
Will look at Thompsons as not keen on flying from Stansted. LGW and LHR are better.

somewhereovertherain Tue 10-Oct-17 05:52:41

Was trying to book a package Holiday at Christmas just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Kids want to do all inclusive but all looked awful for our budget. Ended up doing it separately got a great deal for Barbados.

EmmaGrundyForPM Tue 10-Oct-17 06:00:00

We have ne er done a standard package holiday but this summer booked a week in Greece with Thomson.

It was fabulous. They sorted out flights, accommodation and car hire. We were a bit dubious and thought we'd end up with a villa beside a nightclub or something but the villa was lovely, on a headland above the sea, fab gardens, beautiful private pool, 3 good sized bedrooms and bathrooms etc. It could sleep 6 but there were only the two of us. It got cleaned every second day.

The service was great - everything was smooth, we got met at the airport, the car was available straight away and the rep was very helpful.

The total cost for the vIilla, flights and car hire was £1500, so only £750pp. I an not sure we could have sourced it more cheaply ourselves.

I would definitely use them again .

PerfumeIsAMessage Wed 18-Oct-17 13:37:07

I was in this position this summer, not having done a package since my parents took me in the early 80s. I was a bit nervous about the whole thing and thought it would be a disaster. A week in Menorca with Thomson. Fabulous. So well organised. Cannot fault anything. To the point I've booked again for next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now