Talk

Advanced search

Which area of Berlin to stay in

(5 Posts)
Yvetteballs Sun 24-Sep-17 09:42:10

ThInking of going at half term for first time. No idea about areas. If I were in London, I'd probably want to stay near Charlotte Street/Bloomsbury and handy for sights. What might the equivalent be in Berlin?
I like the look of the Pullman Hotel as it has a pool and is near the zoo for DD.
Thanks

bingohandjob Sun 24-Sep-17 11:15:55

Mitte - though public transport so good and such a great walking city, anywhere central is good. I stayed in Prenzlauer Berg, Freidrichshain last few visits and loved them all.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 24-Sep-17 12:11:40

Mitte is lovely, but I also agree that there isn't a particularly good or bad place to stay because the attractions are spread pretty evenly across the city and public transport is good.
Don't miss Spectrum science centre. It knocks the pants off the science museum in London!

WritingHome Sun 24-Sep-17 13:01:34

We stayed in Charlottenburg, very close to the Zoo and park. Dd was 10 and it was a great location.

ZaraW Thu 28-Sep-17 17:11:26

We stayed in Friedreichstrasse very close to the Museums, the river, Brandenburg Gate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now