Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Snow, not ski

(7 Posts)
Mummymay2 Sat 23-Sep-17 12:12:49

Hi, I'm looking for a short break in February which will have snow but we don't want to ski. It'll be me, DH, and 2DDs aged 11 and 7. We're looking for somewhere in Europe with activities such as an ice rink, maybe a half day ski introduction, sledging, maybe an outdoor heated pool etc - essentially fun in the snow! I'd rather stay in a hotel (ideally with pool) but am not averse to self catering. Where would you recommend or which agents would you look at? TIA

jo164 Wed 27-Sep-17 22:48:15

How about Finland. We ski in a place called Levi which is in Finnish Lapland. Lots of outdoor activities to do including skiing, snowshoeing, snow mobiling, ice karting, ice fishing, horse riding, husky sled or reindeer sled riding...... Can book ski lessons by the hour /half day etc and hire everything locally very easily. Have a look at www.levi.fi and translate it into English! Lots of info on there. There is a very nice spa hotel with pool complex. Not sure about flights, but may be able to get direct ones to Kittilä at that time of year.

Runningissimple Wed 27-Sep-17 22:51:13

We went on this kind of holiday to Sweden with this company www.naturetravels.co.uk/
We went to the cabin in Varmland. Kids say it was the best holiday we've ever done.

Mummymay2 Thu 28-Sep-17 09:51:40

Thanks, l'll have a look at both those. Can I ask how old your children were when you visited?

jo164 Thu 28-Sep-17 10:35:55

Started going to Finland when 3 and 4.Still going now at 9 and 10. Mine both love Scandinavia far more than traditionally skiing resorts in the Alps as we can do all the other things as well.

Mummymay2 Thu 28-Sep-17 11:07:27

Thanks Jo!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Tue 10-Oct-17 22:04:50

I was going to say Ruka Finland. Really lovely place and lots of other things to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now