Talk

Advanced search

Caleta de Fuste hotel recommendations please

(15 Posts)
poppym12 Thu 21-Sep-17 12:09:03

I'm having a few days in Fuerteventura after Christmas and thought Caleta de Fuste would be easy travel-wise from the airport. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations please? I'm looking at the Barcelo ones in the area - thalasso spa, castillo beach and castillo royal level but also the Elba Sara. Has anyone tried these?

CottonSock Fri 22-Sep-17 18:00:57

I went a few years ago and wasn't that impeessed with food or barcelo hotel I'm afraid . Ended up eating out. The beds were awful, room had strange noises and pools mostly freezing.

CottonSock Fri 22-Sep-17 18:02:43

We visited collalejo for the day and it had a nice feel

Crazycatlady83 Fri 22-Sep-17 18:06:14

Currently at the Sheraton - its amazing! Food great, Childrens pool is really good with water slide and jets, soft play in the kids club and a play ground! Staff are lovely and really engaging with our toddler who has loved being here! We have bed and breakfast as there are quite a few places to eat out locally. Drinks in the hotel are quite reasonable so haven't missed being all inclusive. Going home tomorrow and definitely going to come back!

Justgivemesomepeace Fri 22-Sep-17 18:19:06

I've stayed at barcelo club premium I think it's called the castillo royal level now. Stayed at the hotel thalasso spa about 14 years ago. The castillo beach resort is between them. All quite different. It really depends on your party and what you are looking for. I loved castillo royal level. It's beautiful and very new. A lot quieter than the other 2. Small pool but not busy. At times we had it to ourselves in August. Plenty of sunbeds. Restaurant separate from the castillo beach all inc restaurant. Table cloths/glasses and waiter service with drinks. You go get whatever you want from the buffet all fresh and beautiful, you pick your meat and the chef cooks it for you. Overlooking the marina. Accomodation has kitchen and champagne and fruit basket etc.
Ladies come and put chocs on pillow when you go out in the evening. Kids loved that! The beach resort is busier, bigger, disco type thing round the pool. Restaurant is huge loads of choice. We went there a few times as it's less formal but a bit of a scrum sometimes. It was August though. I thought the hotel was nice too and enjoyed the entertainment in the evening. I wouldn't stay there with the kids though as there are no kitchen facilities. There wasn't even brewing up facilities when went there. All 3 are linked and share some facilities. The town is lovely, plenty of restaurants and shops. Location is fantastic, by the beach, town and airport. Don't get a transport bus. A taxi is about 20euros. I would highly recommend it.

Justgivemesomepeace Fri 22-Sep-17 18:19:26

Ooh sorry bit of an essay there

2014newme Fri 22-Sep-17 18:20:20

We too stayed at the sheraton it was good. The barcelo looked a bit tatty

Kazzyhoward Fri 22-Sep-17 19:38:01

The Sheraton is lovely - we'd stay there if we went back.

2014newme Fri 22-Sep-17 19:38:54

Big benefit of the sheraton was heated kids pool

ceeveebee Fri 22-Sep-17 19:50:46

We stayed at Barcello royal level which was lovely. We wanted to have self catering facilities which is why we didn't look at Sheraton. I wouldn't have liked the other barcello hotels though, we went to the main restaurant one evening for a change and the food was not good and really busy.

poppym12 Sun 24-Sep-17 00:04:12

Thank you all, very helpful smile
I'm going on my own for 5 days just to do as little as I fancy really. It looks like quite a few places are bungalow style but as I'll be alone, I think I'd prefer a normal hotel style room. Adult only would be great but I don't really want to get a taxi up to corralejo when I can be in caleta de fuste within minutes.
Food wise I'd prefer buffet style as I'm vegetarian so usually fill up on salads and cake. somewhere I could get a good massage or three and just relax would be ideal.

bananafanana1 Sun 24-Sep-17 22:38:33

Elba Carlotta was lovely- not huge so you got chatting to people. Nice buffet restaurant and a al a carte. I'd recommend.

poppym12 Mon 25-Sep-17 12:20:41

Am I right in thinking that the actual town bit is in between the Sheraton and the barcelo thalasso hotel?

Kazzyhoward Mon 25-Sep-17 19:02:06

Am I right in thinking that the actual town bit is in between the Sheraton and the barcelo thalasso hotel?

Yes

poppym12 Tue 26-Sep-17 11:40:50

I've looked at the Sheraton, the Barcelo royal level and the Carlotta but still not sure.

I'm wondering if getting a cab up to Corralejo and staying at the H10 might be better for me. Obviously it would cost more in taxi fare but the hotels seem cheaper.

So, any thoughts on Corralejo please?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: