Talk

Advanced search

February half term inspiration please...

(14 Posts)
R00tat00tt00t Thu 17-Aug-17 20:41:39

We're just back from our lovely summer hols in France and already I'm itching to get something else booked for February half term. Swaying between a sunny-ish city break e.g. Lisbon or Rome or cold, snowy city e.g. Riga staying in an apart hotel versus British break in cottage or apartment around Gloucester/Bristol? Even toyed with Scottish Highlands around Fort William but think that might be best later in year when weather bit better. It'd be an "extra" holiday as we plan to go away in summer and October hols too so budget rather tight. 2 adults, 2 young kids - travel & accomodation for 3 nights ~£500 (it can be done!). Looking for some inspiration and advice from the wonderful MN!

Robindrama Thu 17-Aug-17 21:07:24

We have just booked Portugal for Feb half term. Flight to Faro. Family of four- all can be done for around £1k. It will be our 6th time there- just love the empty beaches, peace and sun there at that time of year.

R00tat00tt00t Thu 17-Aug-17 21:47:30

Sounds lovely Robindrama. I am tempted with the promise of some sun when it's cold and dark (and most likely wet) here.

Robindrama Thu 17-Aug-17 22:00:02

There is one just amazing 5 stars hotel there, with free kids club (opened in the winter), spa, and Jacuzzi in every bedroom. They do unbelievably good deals in the winter- checked it yesterday, 2+2, breakfast incl, Feb half term £500. Beach front....

Robindrama Thu 17-Aug-17 22:14:38

And heated outside pool.

R00tat00tt00t Thu 17-Aug-17 22:31:23

Really? Would you mind sharing the hotel details? I'd like to have a look.

Floozie66 Thu 17-Aug-17 22:43:05

Please share - feel the credit card twitching already !!

Robindrama Thu 17-Aug-17 22:56:46

www.granderealsantaeulalia.realhotelsgroup.com/en#.WZYP1vfTXqA
Great deals through booking.com or lastminute.com

pieceofpurplesky Thu 17-Aug-17 22:59:11

I once went to Tenerife in Feb, weather was around 20/22 every day - but all the things to visit were quiet.
Siam park, mount Tiede etc. Stayed in Costa Adele and pretty much everything was open x

pieceofpurplesky Thu 17-Aug-17 23:01:10

Sorry only just realised budget was
£500 total.
I suggest Tenby. Fab beaches, great pubs, Folly Farm, Bosheston Lilly ponds - lots to see and do in the areas.
Try FBM holidays

itsmehello Fri 18-Aug-17 14:43:41

Venice, you'll get good deals and it's pleasantly uncrowded. Just make sure that the carnival isn't on.

R00tat00tt00t Fri 18-Aug-17 16:20:45

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Noofly Fri 18-Aug-17 17:55:31

We're going to to Florence over the February break. DS(15) is desperate to go - seemingly it's in some video game. grin It also has a chocolate festival in February which appeals to DD. We've rented an apartment via Trip Advisor and plan to just potter about and try to not overload on the museums, churches and art galleries.

Floozie66 Fri 18-Aug-17 21:04:41

Thanks robin - looks great - have been to albufueira before - lovely beaches so food to find a nice hotel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now