VeuveLilies Fri 07-Jul-17 16:12:27

Next week !
Budget, I really don't care
Maybe 2k
I could use points for flights if BA go there

VeuveLilies Fri 07-Jul-17 16:12:48

Any last minute bargains?

VeuveLilies Fri 07-Jul-17 16:15:51

I keep thinking I've found one and then I look in TripAdvisor and they're all complaining about sun beds- I don't want anything that busy

Hersetta427 Sat 08-Jul-17 16:48:25

Problem is if you want good clubs it is going to attract families and be in a bigger resort and be busier. Have a look at first choice you can get holiday village Majorca, algarve or Cyprus within budget. All of them have brilliant kids clubs which run 5 times a day from 10am to 11pm. Majorca is the smallest of them all and does not seem to have the subbed wars of some hotels.

langlandgirl Sun 09-Jul-17 09:38:51

try babygoes2 and tots too for ideas - they will have a list of places and some will be smaller/more exclusive so less likely to have issues with sun loungers.

mummymeister Sun 09-Jul-17 10:35:50

....but they will most likely be booked up. School holidays are far harder now due to the ban on holidays in term time with significantly more people looking to go away. you are going to have to compromise OP/

Longdistance Sun 09-Jul-17 10:43:37

Try onthebeach.com they have an app too. I've booked a few from there. Easy to use too.

What airport? All relative to how long it takes to get there.

shamoffour Sun 09-Jul-17 10:44:15

Do not go to the holiday village in Majorca!! I went last year it was hell on earth. All beds gone by 8, prodigy blaring out at 8am on Sunday morning, they cocked up our reservation so dh was in one room with two kids and I was in another down the corridor with the other two kids.

I went to the princess yaiza in Lanzerote at whit it was fabulous and playa blanca is really lovely. But it is a longer flight though.

VeuveLilies Sun 09-Jul-17 10:51:55

I had my finger on the pay button for the holiday village 😰

VeuveLilies Sun 09-Jul-17 10:54:16

I don't mind a longer flight to Canaries, I just feel like Greece/Cyprus etc too hot

fairgame84 Sun 09-Jul-17 10:57:28

The Protur hotel in Roquetas Dr Mar is lovely. They have a kids club but I don't know if it's any good because we didn't use it.
www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/costa-de-almeria/roquetas-de-mar/hotels/protur-roquetas-hotel-and-spa.html

shamoffour Sun 09-Jul-17 12:45:32

I feel bad now. But I cried to the repblush
It was just so ridiculously busy. I did go in August so I was expecting it to be busy but it was unbelievable. I went to a holiday village in sharm El sheik which was busy but fine. Majorca was just too full on for me, having to set an alarm so you would get a sunbed just wasn't relaxing!
Princess yaiza is really lovely and everyone we spoke to had been before which I always think is a good sign.

bookworm14 Sun 09-Jul-17 12:47:18

I can also highly recommend Princesa Yaiza in Lanzarote - we were there two weeks ago. It's fabulous for families with kids. Flight may be too long for you, though.

VeuveLilies Sun 09-Jul-17 13:05:24

What's the beach like at Yaiza?

LondonSouth28 Sun 09-Jul-17 13:22:51

Martinhal

bookworm14 Sun 09-Jul-17 13:51:18

Veuve - beach right by the hotel is pretty good but gets quite crowded. We didn't spend much time there as the hotel pools are so great.

VeuveLilies Sun 09-Jul-17 14:07:00

I actually have a unconfirmed booking with Martinhal, but I think the price is wrong, cos it's half the price that their website is showing which is about £4-5k

VeuveLilies Sun 09-Jul-17 14:16:11

On Trivago- If I choose 2 adults option, martinhal is £2300, if I choose 1 child,1 adult it jumps to £3900
I can't get anywhere on their own website - it jams up and lowest is €4K

VeuveLilies Sun 09-Jul-17 14:16:23

I'm going round in circles

FromageRay Sun 09-Jul-17 14:25:13

I'm at the Blue Lagoon Princess in Greece right now (hiding in the shade with a snoozing DC). We're here with DD's aged 5 & 1 and it's perfect and there are quite a few older kids too. Accommodation, weather, beach, pools all great and we've made the most of kids clubs. DD1 has declared it the best holiday ever!

HughAndCry Sun 09-Jul-17 14:32:26

I second Martinhal in Portugal. Only one word for that place: awesome

VeuveLilies Sun 09-Jul-17 14:36:42

Is it worth £5k? Hugh?
How hot is it Fromage?

HughAndCry Sun 09-Jul-17 14:42:17

Remind me - is that the price for a week? You can do some self-catering there (we stayed in an apartment which has a basic kitchen).

Also, the kids club is not expensive (you'd expect it to be more given the cost of staying at the resort).

I think it's worth it. The beach is heavenly incidentally.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: