Talk

Advanced search

Confused about villa booking, where do I start?

(8 Posts)
Mallowmarshmallow Mon 03-Jul-17 17:10:42

Hello all

I'm thinking ahead to next year, a friend has just come back from Menorca with the same aged children (will be 4 and 2 next year) and it sounded idyllic so I'm keen to copy!

I'm obviously going to ask her but to get me started what websites should I be looking on? There seems to be so many and I can't really see on any of them all of the information I'm looking for, for example exact location, what's included/isn't included.

Can anyone get me started please?

AnyFucker Mon 03-Jul-17 17:13:45

Holiday lettings (Trip Advisor)

welshbeach101 Mon 03-Jul-17 17:33:53

I've used VillaPlus a few times for Majorca and Mainland Spain, they provide comprehensive information online. Also used Owners Direct where information will be variable as it depends what information the owners list, you can usually contact people before booking though if you have specific questions.

ems137 Mon 03-Jul-17 18:19:55

Villa plus and James Villas are really good and have customer reviews on them.

We are going away to lanzarote with villa plus at the end of the summer holidays, we booked the flights separately though as they are a little bit cheaper and we're on a tight budget this year.

mando12345 Wed 05-Jul-17 08:48:24

We have used bartle holidays for villas in menorca multiple times.
Brenda the owner is very helpful.

TwoBlueFish Wed 05-Jul-17 09:13:13

I've used VillaPlus and James Villas a few times, booking these is very similar to booking a hotel/self catering package holiday.

I've also booked once with Owners Direct. That left me a bit anxious, especially when transferring the money as I didn't feel as comfortable about it being safe. The villa itself had also not been maintained as well and once we were there I could tell that the photos were a few years old.

metalmum15 Wed 05-Jul-17 10:23:05

We've used Villa Plus several times in various different parts of Menorca. Always had a lovely villa and the reps out there are fab and very helpful if you have a problem. Their website is very clear and comprehensive so you can narrow it down to exactly what kind of villa, resort etc you want. James Villas are very good too. Owners Direct will be a lot cheaper than a villa company, I've always fancied trying them but have been put off by various horror stories from friends who've used them.

mummymeister Wed 05-Jul-17 15:41:57

owners direct, vrbo and airbnb (but make sure you put whole property in the search bar)

it is a lot easier if you can pick an area then you can compare prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now