Talk

Advanced search

Help me find somewhere that ticks all my boxes!

(4 Posts)
Pinkpineapples Sun 02-Jul-17 19:57:36

Thinking ahead now to a summer holiday next year, most likely August.

For the past 3 years we've been to Duinrell in Holland which has been fab, but need a change now! We have one DD, 6.

1. We want to fly somewhere as DD has never been on a plane. Happy to hire a car if needed.

2. Self catering - we like mobile homes on a campsite but would also consider an aparthotel.

3. Sunny!

4. A lively site or resort. Decent pools with slides. Decent playgrounds for DD. Supermarket, eateries on site.

5. Preferably within walking distance of a town with more shops and restaurants although this isn't essential if we have a car.

6. Definitely the scope for some day trips, to larger towns or cities.

I've been looking at some of the campsites near Venice but my only reservation is that it could be too hot in August, I don't know. Also particularly interested in any recommendations in the South of France as think this could fit the bill.

Help!

Pinkpineapples Mon 03-Jul-17 17:36:32

Hopeful bump

Ivory200 Mon 03-Jul-17 17:54:13

Lake Garda in northern Italy. Fly to Verona, less than a hour to drive up, many campsites, around the southern end of the lake. Look at Peschiera del Garda, lively and pretty tourist town. Won't get too hot in summer, lovely breezes from the lake.

Pinkpineapples Mon 03-Jul-17 19:47:11

Thank you! I'm just looking at Bella Italia campsite there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now