Advanced search

Holiday inspiration

(10 Posts)
ConConstance Sun 25-Jun-17 21:38:32

Hi Everyone

Looking for some holiday inspiration. Only every taken my daughter (currently 14 months) to USA once.

Wanting to go on an All inclusive holiday sometime in April/ May next year. She will be 2 years.

Can anyone recommend somewhere really nice? Not too long a flight either.

Thanks in advance

ConConstance Mon 26-Jun-17 21:49:00

4yoniD Mon 26-Jun-17 21:55:24

April I'd say Tenerife / Canaries. But I'm not that adventurous!

Try this

ConConstance Mon 26-Jun-17 22:35:40

Do you have any recommendations on hotels? Never been to Canary Islands before. Usually go long haul but don't fancy the trip with a now walking baby

eurochick Tue 27-Jun-17 06:45:13

Why AI?

I'd always opt for a villa with very small children. It makes the evenings much easier. I suppose you might be able to find a villa within an AI resort.

exLtEveDallas Tue 27-Jun-17 06:49:53

When DD was 2-3 we went to a few places. Majorca was quite nice, short flight and easy reach of hotels. We loved Fuetaventura, 4 hour flight, clean small beaches, wild chipmunks and everything we needed in short walking distance. Also Cyprus is good for little ones, but a longer flight.

We only ever go AI, far less fuss and hassle and as long as your DC sleep in a buggy no need to end the day early.

yohoohoo Tue 27-Jun-17 09:56:34

Majorca is ideal took our 2yr old for the first hols to here. All hotels are family friendly and most are AI. Try Protur group we did the Protur Safari in Sa Coma - lovely little tots water slides there as well

ConConstance Tue 27-Jun-17 10:54:19

Thank you 😊

Yogagirl123 Tue 27-Jun-17 11:09:57

Lanzarote, it's fab there, go for a villa, and choose where you eat, in Puerto Del Carmen you will be spoilt for choice, at great value prices.

We find AI pretty poor value unless you intend to drink a lot! Hic-Hic! I expect not with a toddler! AI resorts always seem to be out if the way if things and always blooming repetitive buffets, which I hate, as I have a disability it's really inconvenient to me to keep getting up and down etc.

With a villa, which I am sure you would be able to get for a similar if not cheaper price, you could have your own heated pool, proper kitchen, washing machine and privacy, much better for a family.

We stayed AI at Costa Teguise, also in Lanzarote a few years back, at a place call Los Zocos, loads going on there, kids clubs etc, ok food etc and walkable to the main square where lots of people to go in the evenings, you could look that up?

I hope whatever you choose you will have a lovely holiday.

ConConstance Tue 27-Jun-17 11:37:03

Thanks. Never done All inclusive before and certainly won't be drinking with Baby about (still bf too)

Will look into villas as an alternative

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now