Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

KEFALONIA!

(10 Posts)
kickingwillow Sun 25-Jun-17 20:30:42

Help!
Tell me where is good to stay in October. Have found several places but no idea where to go for.
Lovely places with pool! In a village near Sami. (Is Sami horrible though?)
Small apartments in Skala
Also small apartment in Asos

We will have a car but would be nice to be able to walk to a nice beach or restaurant.

Want to be somewhere pretty and not just hotels.

Please any advice would be great.

kickingwillow Mon 26-Jun-17 09:54:39

Bump

3wayburger Mon 26-Jun-17 10:21:09

I love Kefelonia. In October it starts to close for the winter.
If you want a good choice of restaurants and shops then you will need to be near argostoli

DaisyDaisydoo Mon 26-Jun-17 10:23:55

Went years ago and it was beautiful. I remember visiting Asos on a coach tour of the island and all though it was one of the most stunning places and definitely worth a visit I think it would be too quiet for a whole holiday- I imagine especially in October.

kickingwillow Mon 26-Jun-17 10:49:00

Oh thanks so much for responses. I wondered if Asos might be better for a visit than a stay.
Anyone been to Sami? It is 20 minute walk from apartment so wondering if there are restaurants there?

Dementedswan Mon 26-Jun-17 10:58:49

I love kefalonia. Usually stay in skala on the beach front. The makis is nice and comfortable. Friendly owners who can't do enough for you. It's a few minutes walk into skala centre for restaurants and easy to get around with local taxis to visit other places.

Kefalonia does start to wind down late september/early August for end of tourist season. I think after 1st October you have to fly to mainland Greece then get the ferry across. Dates could have changed now as it's been a few years since I last went .

3wayburger Mon 26-Jun-17 11:13:55

Sami is lovely but very quiet. Not sure if that is still open in October.
I know the hotel we use as a base in Lassi and the restaurants, close at the end of September

girlywhirly Tue 27-Jun-17 16:55:12

You need to consider that there are thunder and lightning storms and it can get cool by October in Kefalonia.

DoneInn Tue 27-Jun-17 17:07:48

I don't think it would be pool weather in October.

hooliodancer Tue 04-Jul-17 22:19:13

It can be pool weather in October. It depends. More likely to be hot than not, but you can be unlucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now