Talk

Advanced search

Croatia or Cyprus?

(6 Posts)
acarnamedwanda Sat 24-Jun-17 10:23:46

I am looking to try somewhere new at the end of July for a week with my partner, no children.

I'd ideally like a resort with nice beaches, and lovely scenery. A must for my partner are a couple of excursions, maybe history related?

I have been looking at all inclusive hotels but have no idea where to start and the responsibility has been put on my shoulders!

Unihorn Sat 24-Jun-17 10:26:22

We loved the Olympic Lagoon outside Ayia Napa, but they have a sister hotel in Paphos which has little more history. There was a nice walk to some tombs in Ayia Napa though. We went off season though so it wasn't as 18-30 as I imagine it is in the summer. Best food of any all inclusive I've stayed in though! Flight time was about 4.5 hours.

Whereland Sat 24-Jun-17 10:32:10

Absolutely Croatia! I love it. So many places to choose from and always lots of trips to do. I think brijuni island is the most stunning place I've ever been- google image it!- but not sure if I'd stay there, it's very quiet. A day trip there is a must. You could stay somewhere like rovinj- again, google image- or porec and do a day trip to brijuni. Both rovinj and porec have beautiful cobbled streets and lots of history behind them. Dubrovnik is also stunning but gets so busy during the day, id stay a little bit down the coast and visit it occasionally

Iamastonished Sun 25-Jun-17 21:22:39

Croatia is stunningly beautiful and has loads of history, but doesn't have lots of sandy beaches. I'm not particularly a beach fan so it doesn't bother me, but if you must have a sandy beach your options in Croatia are limited.

What about Sicily instead?

juneau Mon 26-Jun-17 09:57:44

Cyprus in summer is VERY hot - about 40 degrees I think. We went last Oct and it was beautiful. We visited the Archaeological site at Paphos, which has amazing mosaics, but hardly any shade. I should think it is BOILING in summertime. I remember saying to my SIL that I wouldn't want to visit there in summer as it was quite hot enough in Oct!

Badbadbunny Sat 01-Jul-17 20:30:37

We were in Cyprus last July and thought it was far too hot. We love Cyprus and go often, but won't ever go in July/August again. When I say too hot, I'm talking the ground around the pool and the sand being too hot to walk on in bare feet, it being too hot to eat outside even for breakfast. We had a day trip to the capital, Nicosia which was unbearable due to the heat and no breeze - we just had to stay in air conditioned shops rather than sight seeing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now