Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mum and teenager trip to Barcelona - where to stay?

(13 Posts)
annandale Fri 23-Jun-17 19:59:44

Thinking about staying in the Olympic Village to be near the beach - would you recommend it? We did a city centre break a little while ago and it was great in some ways but also felt a bit claustrophobic at times. Any thoughts welcome!

Headfullofdreams Sun 25-Jun-17 00:04:31

We stsyed in Barcelonetta near the beach, was a great location. Our teen loved it.

annandale Sun 25-Jun-17 11:57:58

Thanks Head smile

Tinnie88 Sun 25-Jun-17 12:02:01

We stayed at the W. right near the beach and a cool rooftop bar.

WreckTangled Sun 25-Jun-17 12:10:13

We stayed at the gallery hotel and it was great, the subway is so easy to use it doesn't matter where you stay really. We also looked at hotel 1898 but it was a bit out of our budget. The h10 hotels look lovely too.

We literally came home less than two weeks ago so if you have any questions....

fedjj Sun 25-Jun-17 19:20:55

Been a few times stayed in a H10 hotel that was lovely but my favourite is hotel Jazz, short walk into Las ramblas, fab hotel with a roof top pool.

annandale Sun 25-Jun-17 19:42:17

Loving all these hotels but just going to be too tight on our budget.Looking at El Poblenou now.

ihatethecold Sun 25-Jun-17 19:50:01

Hotel catedral is lovely. Just by the cathedral in the gothic quarter.
Very central and modern.

You have to take your Dd to the magic fountain.

TroubledTrouble Sun 25-Jun-17 19:51:39

One of my best memories with my mum was our trip to Barcelona just the two of us when I was a teenager.

Can't remember where we stayed but just wanted to say I hope you both have a wonderful time!

Kaz2200 Mon 26-Jun-17 11:59:00

I went with my mum i March and stayed around the Praktik Garden hotel, great central location spotlessly clean, and very inexpensive, we booked two single rooms so we had a bit of privacy, how old is your daughter?, we did a tapas tour with Etapa Tapas which I can highly recommend

MrsWOLF1 Sat 01-Jul-17 23:09:36

We have just returned from Barcelona and stayed at Hostal Ramblas .Don't be put off ,it's not a hostel at all ,large room with air conditioning and a fab shower .Very quiet ,staff were great ,just behind the Leicui opera house .Would recommend

annandale Sat 01-Jul-17 23:35:48

Tapas tour sounds very cool smile I have a 13 yrar old boy. Current thoughts go Magic Fountain, Sagrada Familia, central Market, the beach, the human towers, the Picasso Museum, the Nou Camp...

WreckTangled Sun 02-Jul-17 07:12:42

We did the hop on hop off bus tour which was good to get your bearings etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now