Talk

Advanced search

Anyone stopped in Garden City, Tenerife?

(3 Posts)
PossumInAPearTree Wed 21-Jun-17 09:53:33

Going next week and trying to decide whether to book a car or not for the week. We reeslly only need it for one day because we want to visit Teide. The rental is cheap enough and means we won't need airport transfers. Complex says there's car parking but a review says the parking is a nightmare and you struggle with a space.

So not sure if it's going to be an arse finding a spot whether to not bother with a car.

Also not sure if playa de las Americas is walking distance or not but I hear the parking there is also a nightmare so maybe we would just get the bus?

BarbaraofSeville Wed 21-Jun-17 10:05:33

Not been to that resort/hotel but our experience of Canaries/Balerics etc has been that parking can be very difficult and we go out of season. Good few minutes at least driving round looking for a space that may be a fair walk from where you want to go. I would expect it to be very busy in the summer.

We have stayed in Los Cristianos Tenerife and there are regular bus services to the whole area from right outside the airport. I would definitely hire a car for the day to go up Teide then you can set your own schedule and carry drinks etc - or you could go on an organised tour.

We use Autoriesen car hire in the Canaries - cheap and don't dick you about with fuel and insurance but the cars aren't always the newest.

PossumInAPearTree Wed 21-Jun-17 10:46:29

Thanks for that. If we didnt hire a car at the airport but wanted one for a day are there car hire places in the resort do you know?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: