Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for Loire Valley France

(4 Posts)
livefrommysofa Sun 11-Jun-17 22:40:34

Myself and partner have decided on a week in France at the beginning of September. We would love to explore the Loire valley. We will be flying into Nantes so would like to keep to the west of the Loire valley across to Chinon which is a must visit on our list. I've spent hours looking for accommodation but there's soo much to choose from I wondered if anyone could recommend certain areas or villages to focus my search on. We will have a car but would like to be near a few bars and restaurants.
TIA

samlovesdilys Wed 14-Jun-17 20:47:26

No advice on where to stay (sorry!!) but go to Blois and visit both the chateau and the magic museum (opposite) both were FAB!!

Ancienchateau Fri 16-Jun-17 08:22:07

Well Chinon itself is a really nice place to stay. Hotel Diderot is lovely. There are lots of good restaurants too which are so popular you have to book Thursday-Sunday all year round.

stayhomeclub Fri 16-Jun-17 08:31:29

I'm biased towards Chinon because we go there a few times a year. Lovely restaurants and quite an active community with regular Jazz festivals or little markets.

I like Richelieu although there isn't much there, I like the little walled town and the gardens (they're nothing spectacular but they are really peaceful).

Weve stayed in a farmhouse in a small town before and after staying in Chinon it was too small for me, only one restaurant etc.

Azay le rideau is nice too but I prefer Chinon tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now