Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I love Union Lido in Italy, where else would I like?

(26 Posts)
ruddynorah Fri 02-Jun-17 14:46:58

Just coming to the end of our second holiday at Union Lido in Italy with Bolero. Now thinking where to go next holiday. We came here for the first time on the back of MN recommendations so looking for some more brilliant holiday spots.

There's me and my two dc aged 11 and 7. Plus possibly dp and his two dc who are 17 and 14. We like pools, self catering but options to eat out, we like day trips to places of interest such as here we've done Venice, Burano and Murano. We are happy with hotels, apartments, fancy camping such as mobile homes or chalets, not so happy in tents. And we need to be able to fly to the place, no long driving. Ok with plane then bus or whatever like it is here.

Basically we want Union Lido but in other countries 😁

GardenGert Fri 02-Jun-17 16:01:41

Just to completely not answer your question and ask one of my own! We are off to Union Lido for the first time in about a month. I'm contemplating packing light and doing a couple of loads of washing whilst I'm there. Is this a viable option? Are there plenty of machines in a convenient location? Or would it be more trouble than it's worth?

If you've got any other specific tips like which restaurants to go to or anything like that, that'd be marvellous.

I hope someone comes along soon that will be able to help you with recommendations. I will watch with interest too.

Thanks!

ruddynorah Fri 02-Jun-17 18:48:24

Ha! Yes there are washing machines in all the shower blocks, all immaculate, spacious etc. Restaurants are all decent, plenty to choose from. We really like the rotisserie chicken shop and the fruit and veg shop is amazing. You can also do fancy dining, pizza take away, whatever you fancy. The creperie is really good too.

So I just need somewhere this perfect but maybe in france??

Deemail Sat 03-Jun-17 16:57:33

Hi there, there's an Irish parenting site called rollercoasterer.ie, on their holiday section there's a sticky discussing campsite, it's very comprehensive and informative.

Do you mind me asking a couple of questions, we're off to union lido in a couple of weeks, also with Bolero?
What's the surrounding area like, is there much to see? We plan on doing the same day trips as you, it doesn't really seem like there's many other options, this is making me feel a bit claustrophobic!
Also how expensive is it to eat out in the campsite or nearby. Ideally we'd prefer to eat one main meal out and a light snack. I don't want to cook but I'm concerned about the expense.
Thanks in advance.

ruddynorah Sat 03-Jun-17 17:52:38

Oh no it's not claustrophobic at all! Loads to do on site. We do a day at the beach, a day trip, then a day at the sandy aquapark pool, then a day trip, then a day at the non sandy pool, then final day at the aqua park again. Plus there's kids activities, bikes to hire, dozens of bars, shops and restaurants, miles to walk about, markets that come and visit, entertainers, mini disco, BBQ nights etc etc. Honestly loads going on. And then there's all the lagoon to explore, Venice, burano, murano, torcello, joselo, aqualandia. Tons!

PovertyJetset Sat 03-Jun-17 17:57:58

Do you mind me asking how much your holiday cost?

Hulder Sat 03-Jun-17 17:59:09

You would prob like Holland - Efteling park, loads of day trips, nowhere very far away by car or train, all museums in country accessible with single ticket. Mumsnet seems to stay in Duinrell no kids so we did AirBnB as no waterpark requirement

You need to be quick before your kids are too cool to enjoy the fairytale forest though at Efteling.

ruddynorah Sat 03-Jun-17 19:04:16

It was about £600 for a week for 6 of us @poverty plus flights which were about £100 each.

Thank you I will look at Efteling 😀

PovertyJetset Sat 03-Jun-17 19:04:58

Man that's cheap! Thank you flowers

TheRollingCrone Sat 03-Jun-17 19:14:14

Ruddy did you book directly? It looks a great place for children!

froomeonthebroom Sat 03-Jun-17 19:17:42

We have friends who swear by hof van saksen in the Netherlands. It's part of the green parks company (iirc) so maybe have a look at them.

froomeonthebroom Sat 03-Jun-17 19:19:50

Duinrell is good - sounds similar to what you are looking for. Or how about eurocamp sites near frejus? I haven't been but they look good and are close to nice for the airport and st Tropez for a day trip.

froomeonthebroom Sat 03-Jun-17 19:19:51

Duinrell is good - sounds similar to what you are looking for. Or how about eurocamp sites near frejus? I haven't been but they look good and are close to nice for the airport and st Tropez for a day trip.

ruddynorah Sat 03-Jun-17 19:28:35

Yes booked direct with Bolero. Got 5% discount for being a return visitor, and an early booking discount I think 20%. They're a fab company, utterly geared up for families, so much is provided and their cabins are immaculate.

That Efteling place looks adorable. I'm now looking at Amsterdam plus there plus maybe Bruge.

I'm also looking at a site near Copenhagen as I love it there, also one I've seen near Paris. Decisions decisions!

Hulder Sat 03-Jun-17 19:54:03

Efteling is beyond adorable. I went when I was about 9 or 10 and loved it. Went back last year age 40 something, still magical grin

They keep all the old rides and a strong fairytale aesthetic and just add to it so all your memories will still be alive whenever you go back.

Added bonus compared to Disney - minimal selling of tat gringrin

Am trying to convince DH on a holiday to Puy du Fou next year but no joy so far.

froomeonthebroom Sat 03-Jun-17 20:30:22

hulder we love la garangeoire which is about 1hr from puy du fou and will be going back in 2018. If you book direct it can be a real bargain.

sandgrown Sat 03-Jun-17 20:36:24

Just on our way home from Camping Sanguli in Cambrils Spain. If you can get flights to Reus airport it is only 10 mins away or 1hour from Barcelona. Might be a bit young for the older children but close to Salou and Port Aventura. Park has just been refurbished and our mobile home was new.

Mermaidbutmytailfelloff Sat 03-Jun-17 20:38:16

www.playamontroig.com/en

It's in northern Spain. It has camping and bungalows too. VERY like union lido. A huge place that doesn't feel crowded, fab beaches, pools and slides, entertainment the lot. My DC's used to love it when they were young. Not sure how the prices stack up though

FatGirlWithChocolate Sat 03-Jun-17 20:40:26

Croatia. It's like Italy, but cheaper. Stunningly beautiful, amazing people. The most beautiful clear, clean water you have ever seen. Dreamy. We are going for the 3rd year in August. It spoils you for anywhere else really.

froomeonthebroom Sat 03-Jun-17 20:41:54

Whereabouts in Croatia do you go? I'm very tempted...

ruddynorah Sat 03-Jun-17 21:46:45

This is all great. Tell me more about Croatia please.

TheRollingCrone Sat 03-Jun-17 23:17:14

Would you lot stop it! I wanna go everywhere now grin

ruddy I,ve just sent for a brochure for Union for me & SIL, wait for my AIBU holiday drama thread grin

Deemail Sat 03-Jun-17 23:33:00

Thanks Ruddy, that sounds fab.
Our mobile which sleeps is costing €1100 for the end of June. Flights for 4 €600 from Ireland to Treviso but I'd also priced from the UK and they were very cheap. We could've flown from Ireland to UK and on to Treviso return for under €500.

TheweewitchRoz Sat 03-Jun-17 23:48:29

We stayed at Union Lido with Bolero a few years ago & loved it. We also love Bella Italia by Lake Garda (& prefer it to Union Lido actually).

ruddynorah Sun 04-Jun-17 08:45:58

Thanks all, I'll look at lake Garda too.

Puy de Fou though woww!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now