Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holidays for young adult DC

(13 Posts)
pressingmatters Thu 01-Jun-17 21:24:43

Has anyone any suggestions please for my DS (19) and his friend ( two friends not a couple - if that helps). They want to go on a cheap package holiday - so far they are thinking Greek Isles or Turkey but don't want it to be "18-30ish".

They would like to be near a town/city centre (so far they have thought of Rhodes, Bodrum, Chania) with culture, history and a laid-back night-life (happy to eat out, drink and hit the beach). They like music, drinking, history, museums and culture - but not really into clubbing scene.

Budget is limited -around £300 for BB with flights - tight I know! Neither drive so they would need to be with in walking distance or cheap local transport to attractions. Ideally looking at direct flights from Manchester, Leeds or Liverpool.

Anyone wiser than DH or I that can help please? Thanks

iseenodust Fri 02-Jun-17 12:41:26

Thessaloniki. Easyjet do packages there.

OnyK Fri 02-Jun-17 14:03:00

Chania's lovely and ticks those boxes. They could also stay at a nearby beach resort as there are regular, cheap busses in the area.

pressingmatters Fri 02-Jun-17 18:28:38

Thanks both - will pass suggestions on

Do they definitely want a beach holiday? Or might a city break appeal?

OnyK Fri 02-Jun-17 22:16:18

When are they hoping to go and for how long?

specialsubject Fri 02-Jun-17 22:40:14

Avoiding the 18 -30 places is fairly easy - look up their website and go somewhere else!

Rhodes town is fantastic. Skiathos too, or try lefkada island.

SealSong Fri 02-Jun-17 23:05:02

Chania really is lovely and would suit them well. It's beautiful, has lovely old streets for exploring, a stunning waterfront lined with restaurants and bars, and has good seaside spots just a mile or two out of the town.

Another place they might like is Corfu town, it's historical and lovely, and there are lovely little resorts on the coast.

If they are happy to forego a seaside location, then Granada is Spain is an amazing place, vibrant, Spanish late night bars, historic, interesting, and easily accessible to explore by foot.

pressingmatters Sat 03-Jun-17 08:16:35

Thanks again - they want both city/town and beach holiday. They're looking in next few weeks or early July.

OnyK Sat 03-Jun-17 09:57:07

If they go on skyscanner and search the whole months of June/July for flights to Greece that should help them narrow a destination down within their budget. If they're looking at Crete, they need to be aware that there are 2 airports!

SealSong Sat 03-Jun-17 14:10:32

Or Barcelona...amazing city, with great beaches. Lots of cheap flights.

SealSong Sat 03-Jun-17 14:12:28

If they do choose Barcelona, I recommend seeking accommodation in the El Born area....heart of the old city, beautiful old streets, lively bar scene, a stone's throw from the beaches.

SealSong Sat 03-Jun-17 14:13:57

or Barcelonetta area

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now