Talk

Advanced search

Is this too much for a weekend in Paris?

(10 Posts)
theclick Tue 30-May-17 20:25:10

Have the opportunity to go away for a last minute weekend in Paris. 5 star Hotel only 90 euros per night as we are getting a good deal. However eurostar is around £300 for the weekend no matter what timing options I try. This is around £500 in total (just over). Would you say this is a lot for two people?

PantPlot Tue 30-May-17 20:36:49

I don't think that's extortionate, but could you get flights? Over the last couple of years there's lots of cheap deals to be had I've found

We've just come back from Paris, 3 nights for two people, just under 300 quid. That wasn't five star though, just your standard Ibis hotel- we've had more boutique hotels in the past but in Paris we just don't get our money's worth because we're out and about so much of the day and in general the standard of hotel is quite good.

theclick Tue 30-May-17 21:25:01

I checked flights from London city (anything else and it won't be the quick trip we want) and they are £220 each! Eek! sad

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 30-May-17 21:29:10

Sounds reasonable to me! I'd book in an instant

PantPlot Tue 30-May-17 21:33:04

Ah too short notice now then maybe.

That is a very good hotel price though, the current rate advertised at the hotel we just used was 106 euro per night

PantPlot Tue 30-May-17 21:33:56

Ah too short notice now then maybe.

That is a very good hotel price though, the current rate advertised at the hotel we just used was 106 euro per night

theclick Tue 30-May-17 21:38:15

I only got it as I work in travel, to be honest we wouldn't consider going otherwise!

BuzzKillington Tue 30-May-17 21:40:16

That's a bargain for Paris.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 31-May-17 10:24:21

If you can afford it, do it, the overall cost isn't that expensive really and Eurostar straight to Paris is so much more convenient.

I'd love to go on the Eurostar, but living in the north I'd have to add on the cost of the train to London, which is likely to be more than the Eurostar so £150 pp to travel by train to another country doesn't look that expensive in comparison.

theclick Wed 31-May-17 20:05:37

We are going! Any tips appreciated. Have been there 4-5 times so looking for non-touristy stuff...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now