Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice/recommendations for Majorca/Minorca hotels

(12 Posts)
EvianBaby Mon 29-May-17 23:30:00

Advice on my shortlist very welcome please. Has anyone stayed in any of the following? We will have a 9 year old and a 7 year old who would love a great pool area. We would like nice decor in the room and a decent resort with some good restaurants. Probably pretty much the same as most people!

Fergus Style Cala Blanca Suites - Santa Ponsa, Majorca
Aparthotel HG Jardine de Menorca - Son Bou
Tonga Tower Design Hotel and Suites - C'an Picafort, Majorca
Inturotel Esmeralda Resort - Cala D'Or
Club del Sol - Puerto Pollensa
Zafiro Tropic (Viva Tropic) - Alcudia

Thanks so much!

Lala241280 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:22:12

I stayed in the Fergus Style years ago , nice accommodation
I'm a travel agent and would recommmend the Tonga Towers or Inturotel Cala Esmeralda

Watto1 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:29:08

I'm in the Inturotel Esmeralda right now! It's 4 hotels in one resort. We're in the Cala Azul Gardens. 1 bed apartment for me, dh and dc aged 6 and 8 and it's really nice. Lovely pools (there are 4 or 5 altogether). The little beach is accessed directly from the main hotel. The resort itself is nice, but I'm a bit disappointed with the restaurants. A bit samey.

SpanishFly Tue 06-Jun-17 22:29:21

The only thing I'd say is we went to menorca last year all-inclusive, but intended on eating out a few times. We ended up only going out for food at lunchtimes as the evening meal prices were ridiculous. It would have cost around 60 euros for 2 adults and 2 kids and a bottle of wine

DeanKoontz Tue 06-Jun-17 22:37:22

I wouldn't stay in Son Bou. It's a bit of a dump compared with the rest of Menorca, even though the beach is lovely.

Have a look at Santo Tomas, just a mile away. Perfect for a 9 and 7 yr old. Though we have only stayed S/C there so I cant vouch for the hotels.

EvianBaby Sun 11-Jun-17 14:45:49

Thanks so much, everyone. Thats helpful. Is there anywhere else that anyone would recommend?

TolpuddleFarterOATB Sun 11-Jun-17 17:01:31

We really liked the Talayot Apartments in Cala 'n Forcat, in Menorca. Great pools, rooms clean (though are dated.)

The resort itself has seen better days, as there are a few closed bars and restaurants. But, the places that are open are very child friendly. I have read on here that people think the resort is tacky, but personally we loved it.

AliceMum09 Mon 12-Jun-17 18:30:39

The Club del Sol is at least a mile from the town centre and lovely restaurants in Puerto Pollensa. Unless you enjoy walking along a main road with no pavement (you'd have to walk in the cycle lane) or want to get a taxi back each night I wouldn't bother with that hotel.

We've been three times to the Puerto Azul Suite Hotel, it's right in the middle of Puerto Pollensa. It's all refurbished, so the rooms are very modern, and it's not too big so the children can never go out of your sight when you are sitting around the pool. We love it and the resort ticks all your boxes too.

redmimi Mon 12-Jun-17 19:39:59

Santa Tomas is a lovely resort, very quiet though. We stayed at the Mestrel and Llebeig, really lovely apartments. Only one restaurant, but a couple in the town.

bramblina Tue 13-Jun-17 00:18:49

We really enjoyed the Pirates Village in Santa Ponsa, we booked directly with them. The pool was great, but cold in Oct. The themed days by the pool were great for the kids.

dizzygirl1 Wed 14-Jun-17 18:19:02

I join the pp to not go to Son Bou but go to Santa Thomas we went to hotel Victoria player 2 years ago -thomsons. We loved it there and would happily go back to Menorca and Santa Thomas.

ShebaQueen Sat 17-Jun-17 19:58:43

For the age your kids are I'd recommend Inturotel Sa Marina in Cala d'Or, it's great and in a really good location.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now