Talk

Advanced search

family holiday, canaries or algarve?

(9 Posts)
DangerousMouse Sun 28-May-17 20:12:53

Can anyone recommend a family resort in either the canaries or the algarve? Looking for somewhere close to a gorgeous beach with maybe water slides in the resort.. Am I asking too much?

DangerousMouse Sun 28-May-17 20:13:31

Or any other location that might suit us, not Turkey as we have been there.

coffeeandchoc Sun 28-May-17 20:17:40

We went to Costa Teguise in lanzarote last year. Lovely town and beach, beautiful (but windy) weather and a water park in the same town. This year we are going to corralejo in fuerteventura and have water park access included in the price of the hotel.

Wecks Mon 29-May-17 15:04:38

How old are DC? What time of year?

Tenerife has the best Water Park I've been to in Europe.
Siam Park, google it.
We've been back several times and stayed in Costa Adeje just because of the water park.
Algarve has fantastic beaches but the water parks are a bit tired and not in the same league.

Adviceappreciated88 Mon 29-May-17 22:52:03

Tenerife is lovely, weather is still nice at that time too. The water park is amazing! Best I've been to! Choice of areas close by which are all family friendly, Los Christianos, Playa De Las Americas and Adeje.

Groovee Sun 04-Jun-17 11:18:21

We love Playa Blanca. We went on a submarine and on a glass bottom boat. Some nice beaches nearby and rockpooling was fun.

DangerousMouse Sun 04-Jun-17 12:22:18

I think we have decided on Portaventura, staying in one of the on site hotels and getting a pass for the week for the water park. I like the look of Siam Park but it's not clear whether they have marine mammals on site? I wouldn't visit the park if they do, and some reviews say they do but the park website doesn't mention them.

monkeyfacegrace Sun 04-Jun-17 12:40:34

Siam Park doesn't have animals, but it's sister attraction Loro Parque at the other end of the island does. And shoot me now, but I bloody love Loro blush

Groovee Sun 04-Jun-17 12:54:25

We're off to Salou in 4 weeks. Have been there a few times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now