Talk

Advanced search

Lanzarote or Mallorca late September?

(10 Posts)
areyougoingtoeatthat Sun 28-May-17 11:29:13

We're going on holiday in the last two weeks in September and can't decide between these two islands. I've chosen a hotel on each. I prefer the hotel in Mallorca but I'm worried about the weather not being warm enough or it raining a lot. I'm travelling with my DH and two DC who will be 3 and 1 when we go so I'm also wondering if Lanzarote will be too hot or windy!

ellephant Sun 28-May-17 11:49:33

Can't offer much help I'm afraid, I'm in the same boat as you, want a holiday late sept but no idea where to go. Was thinking Portugal or Canary Islands though

Chasingsquirrels Sun 28-May-17 11:52:09

We went to Lanzarote early Oct, when ds1 was 3 and I was about 6 moths pregnant.
It was so hot.
We basically retired to our room from about 11am to 3pm.

AnyFucker Sun 28-May-17 11:54:38

If you want hot and sunny, Lanzarote is the one

You could be lucky or unlucky at that time on Majorca

Lucylanz Sun 28-May-17 12:04:31

Lanzarote has a lovely breeze that makes the heat bearable and it is very child friendly. People in bars, cafes, and restaurants are great with babies and young children. Have a look at what events are on as well. I seem to remember there being a few local things on in September - tapas festival etc which are good

Flitter123 Sun 28-May-17 12:04:59

We went to Mallorca first week of October and the weather was beautiful - not hot but warm swimsuit beach weather. Only downside was the non-heated outdoor pools were too cold for the kids.

areyougoingtoeatthat Sun 28-May-17 16:58:30

Ooo a tapas festival sounds good! I'll google to see what's on. Thanks everyone, good to get your advice. Sounds like Lanzarote would be the safe bet.

iseenodust Mon 29-May-17 12:41:52

It's not just the wind on Lanzarote it's the sand it carries so you get a free facial scrub ! Unless you want it hot I would choose Majorca.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 29-May-17 15:21:35

The mediterraean can suffer from less good weather in late September, before picking up again for a few weeks in October, it's a fairly reliable phenonmenon that I've witnessed myself several times and read about in a book by someone who lives in Mallorca. I wouldn't go there at that time of year if rainy days would spoil my holiday.

Lanzarote would be much more likely to be good weather at that time of year.

Iamastonished Fri 02-Jun-17 22:02:05

It can rain quite a lot in the Med at that time of year. I would choose Lanzarote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now