Talk

Advanced search

Efteling and Duinrell Eurocamp

(12 Posts)
HollyHopewell Sun 28-May-17 11:02:34

I have been reading about Duinrell & Efteling and would love to book for 2018 now the dates are on sale with eurocamp to pay a deposit and have time to save up and plan the Efteling part of the trip.

How many days would you recommend are needed to do Efteling ? I was thinking 2 but not sure if that would be rushed .

For Duinrell I wanted to book direct with duinrell to select the plot and I believe it is chaper however with 4 young kids I really want the use of kids club with Eurocamp , can anyone shared any advice about their kids clubs if they are good , how long they are etc?

I dont want to send the kids away all the time its just a nice break to manage the 4 of them to try and keep me sane as holidays are usually pretty stressful so far grin

Banderchang Mon 29-May-17 17:20:25

We did Efteling last spring with DS who was 7. We stayed 2 nights which felt about right. We had an afternoon in the park on the arrival day, then a full day, then a half day on departure day (left about 2 to catch our flight) and felt we had really done it all. It was quiet though, so almost no queues. If we'd had to wait longer for each ride, we might have wanted longer.

christmashope Mon 29-May-17 17:28:48

We have been to duinrell 3 times and loved it
Last time being 2016 and eurocamp didn't run any kids clubs
Hope this helps

MarciaBlaine Mon 29-May-17 17:36:57

I think 2 days at Efteling is plenty. Especially if doing Duinrell as well where you have the theme park/activities on your doorstep. Duinrell does organise some kids activities themselves. Will you be travelling in school holidays? As I recall you can go in the pool complex daily but only for a 2 hour slot. It gets busy.

HollyHopewell Mon 29-May-17 19:52:57

Thanks some good advice I will speak to Eurocamp to confirm the kids club info as I had been really looking forward to that!

I also liked the look of the Bella Italia eurocamp although I dont know how easy it is to get there by car on the ferry as the kids dont travel well for long drives and flying is too expensive for 6 of us.

We would be going the last week of June , I am not sure when the schools stop over there yet.

MarciaBlaine Mon 29-May-17 21:47:50

Eurocamp website gives the dates that the holiday clubs run and which sites they are on. For primary /secondary children 1st July is normal as this is when other countries break up. There will e limited provision for toddlers etc before then.

MarciaBlaine Mon 29-May-17 21:51:52

No kids clubs at Duinrell.

GlitterGlue Mon 29-May-17 21:57:32

The pool is free for two hours a day if you book direct. Otherwise it's about 5 euros per person for two hours. With six of you booking direct may well be the better option.

rosy71 Sat 03-Jun-17 18:29:47

I would definitely recommend booking direct with duinrell. We are going for the 3rd time this year & have always booked direct. It's much cheaper. Like someone else said, you also get the pool free for 2 hours a day so well worth it!

Moonshine86 Sat 03-Jun-17 18:35:25

My son went to the park last week part of football tour. DS age 11 - absolutely loved it and said was amazing! He has been to many parks and said it is right up there!

converseandjeans Sun 04-Jun-17 22:28:32

We have been to Duinrell 3 times now and would happily go back. We go with Canvas - quite a bit cheaper than Eurocamp. Pretty sure there are no kids clubs - the activities organised on site would not be ones where you could drop and go. The Duingalows are nicer than the Canvas/Eurocamp caravans. I don't think there would be many other kids there end of June - unless they are maybe Scottish?
There is lots to do in the area - visit to Leiden, Amsterdam, a great beach, bike hire. Amazing ice creams in the town. We tend to do an hour or two on the rides then head off site for the day.

BeyondDespairandRepair Sun 04-Jun-17 22:31:17

I dont think 2 days is enough, it depends if you go in summer - july/augst as park is open later on sat night and you get loads of great entertainment ( eftling this is) we have been a few times now and still have not seen or been on everything....I would say at least 3 nights at E....if you are over a weekend - perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now