Talk

Advanced search

Carvoeiro, Portugal

(5 Posts)
Nospringflower Mon 22-May-17 23:36:12

Hi,
Hoping to go here in early July (8th) but realise we have left it late for organising accommodation. Ideally we would have booked a villa but cant find anything that is within walking distance of beaches and the restaurants.
Have found that we could get one week in a Monte Dourado villa (mountain facing) or could go to the Hotel Tivoli. The Tivoli would cost us twice as much (although we would have transfers and evening meals) but we normally like eating out in the evenings so would still want to do that.
Not sure if anyone who has been here can advise us on which would be better? We have 3 teenage sons if that makes any difference!
Thanks for your help.

FacelikeaBagofHammers Wed 31-May-17 14:22:28

Have you tried AirBnB? We are going next week and are staying in the Colina Branca townhouses, 5 min walk from the town.

ineedaholidaynow Thu 01-Jun-17 20:58:57

We went to Carvoeiro a couple of years ago. From what I remember Monte Dourado is much closer to the town and the many restaurants.

The Tivoli is further out of town but is right by a beach. It has just been refurbished and looks very nice. I would have thought it is a much higher standard of accommodation than the Monte Dourado.

magentastardust Mon 05-Jun-17 16:15:48

There is a poster on here called Costacoffee who lives in Carvoeiro-she will probably know best! There is a long Carvoeiro thread too!

Brighteyes27 Wed 14-Jun-17 17:19:59

We stayed at MD the last two years. It was an excellent base, spacious apartment for 4, fabulous views, steep walk back from town, lots of lovely restaurants within walking distance, can't comment on the Tivoli.
The first year was excellent for us as the kids then 9 and 10 met lots of friends. There were some quieter teenagers there who seemed happy didn't surface till late, some our kids age and some younger. But last year end of August not many teens or kids our kids age most kids seemed to be aged 3-8 so our two then 11 and 12 were bored. I am sure it would be fine another to check out is Quinta De Paradiso which also looked good, haven't stayed here but might also meet your requirements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now