Talk

Advanced search

Barcelona Day Trip

(7 Posts)
Groovee Sun 21-May-17 08:52:17

We're off to Salou and want to do a day trip to Barcelona. Thinking of doing the bus tour and a cable car ride. I'd like to go to Las Ramblas.

DH and the kids have done the boy camp twice before. So maybe just a stop outside will be fine for updated photos.

Is there anything else we should consider?

Schoolchauffeur Sun 21-May-17 08:56:00

I'd go into the Sagrada Familia- beautiful inside and go up to the turrets ( depending on age of children) but book it online in advance as the queues can be terrible and entry is in timed slots

budgiegirl Sun 21-May-17 21:41:57

Definitely do the Sagrada Familia, it's beautiful, and even my very cynical teenage DS loved it.

Las Ramblas is nothing special, but I guess has to be done- although the market there is quite nice.

The cable car up to Montjuic is nice, and you can walk back to the centre via The Palau Nacional which is stunning.

coldflange Thu 25-May-17 09:40:09

If you are going to take the HOHO bus then factor in a visit to Park Guell. I enjoyed walking round there - it's a little out of the way but on the bus route.

Las Ramblas is busy. Can be too busy - but does have a lot going on. The market is great!

ShotsFired Thu 25-May-17 09:42:53

Prepare yourself for some of the world's best pickpockets on Ramblas.

They'll watch you read the sign warning of them, as you'll then instinctively pat whatever pocket or bag your valuables in, so they know exactly where to go hunting.

coldflange Thu 25-May-17 10:02:39

I have been to Barcelona a few times and am always surprised at how big it actually is.

So look at a map first to get your bearings - it helps too to work out your metro stops etc

Yes to the pickpocket warning. So far, touch wood, it hasn't happened to me but just be very careful. Take as little as you can get away with.

Groovee Thu 25-May-17 15:48:21

Thanks everyone. Will keep patting my boobs Burlesque style to confuse them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now