Talk

Advanced search

If I liked Soller.... Recommendations for summer beach holiday? I need some sun!

(11 Posts)
pomadas87 Sat 20-May-17 21:53:36

Any recommendations for a great town or village in Southern Europe with beach close by? We are a couple in our late twenties and I will be 25 weeks pregnant come August.

Places we've loved in the past:
Soller in Mallorca
Frigiliana / Nerja on Costa del Sol
Malaga
Ciutadella in Minorca
Kassiopi in Corfu

Wondered about Portugal but seems to be big resorts for families mainly? I'm looking for fairly quiet but with great food and clean beach... would love to go somewhere new or otherwise I'm booking Mallorca again blush

Would love suggestions please!

mirmc Sat 20-May-17 22:02:49

Fly to Girona and go to any of the following gorgeous resorts on the Costa Brava - Tossa de Mar, Calella de Palafrugell, Lla Franc, Tamariu or Cadaques.

pomadas87 Sat 20-May-17 22:06:28

Thanks for the reply - have actually been to Girona / Tossa nearly 10 years ago and loved it

AgentProvocateur Sat 20-May-17 22:14:41

Just go back to Mallorca - nowhere else comes close wink

mirmc Sat 20-May-17 22:35:33

Villefranche sur Mer near Nice gets my vote too.

magentastardust Mon 22-May-17 22:59:49

love Soller and Pollensa in Mallorca. We like Western Algarve, gorgeous quiet beaches and small fishing villages .

pomadas87 Tue 23-May-17 22:37:38

Thanks all. Looking into Pollensa...!

iseenodust Sat 27-May-17 15:05:05

Just about any part of Corsica (except the interior !) fits the bill with amazing beaches. For somewhere new on Majorca look at Cala Ratjada in the north east. There are two beaches stay near the one on the north side which is backed by a pine forest.

Notsoskinnyminny Sat 27-May-17 16:40:38

Cala Ratjada was a mainly german resort when I stayed there on a school trip.

SwedishEdith Sat 27-May-17 17:00:40

Portugal's Atlantic coast near Sintra. In the national park area.

Watching tv now and Hvar in Croatia looks lovely.

palomapaloma Sat 27-May-17 17:04:51

I just got back from Es Canar in Ibiza, it was lovely. We took a boat trip to Santa Eulalia which is a beautiful quieter town with a harbour and lots of places to eat. I took my 2 children and was a bit apprehensive with regards to the reputation of a party island, but all the party goers head to San Antonio on the other side of the island.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now