Talk

Advanced search

October half term.

(8 Posts)
Jakeyboy1 Sat 20-May-17 21:24:04

Canaries coming up more expensive than Jamaica. Cannot justify £1000 each for the canaries. Any other suggestions?

Is mainland Spain still warm?

What about Crete?

Worried both may be a bit cold.

Don't really want to go long haul with my pair.

Considering Cyprus or turkey but not mad keen.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 20-May-17 21:31:23

We went to Rhodes last October and it was fab! Weather was lovely and hot during the day but wore a light cardi over a top and cropped trousers at night time,

Jakeyboy1 Sat 20-May-17 21:32:05

Sounds good

bingohandjob Sat 20-May-17 21:47:16

Menorca - buy you are right at the end of the season and the island starts closing down so it's pretty lowkey but the sea is warm, the food good and the wine even better.

Makemineacabsauv Sun 21-May-17 22:25:11

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mitsis+faliraki+beach+hotel&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari this is where we stayed, right on the beach, no noise from resort and booked our own flights and transfers. I phoned mitsis direct and got the AI hotel for £500 for 2 adults and one child all in, really good value though I did need to wander round to the old church and harbour along the beach for a bit of Greece!

PippaFawcett Mon 22-May-17 15:28:09

Malta?

snowgirl1 Tue 23-May-17 12:35:02

Following as I'm also looking for a warm, sunny holiday for October half-term

Jakeyboy1 Wed 24-May-17 22:58:16

Ended up booking lanzarote. For the money and quality of resort I want to cry! But it had things for the kids 😬😬😬 one day I will be back in 5 star luxury. In about 2030.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now