Talk

Advanced search

Family friendly resort - All inc, good pools, Spain, Greece etc. Recommendations please!

(15 Posts)
CountessYgritte Thu 18-May-17 14:30:17

Last year we found a great recommendation on her for a 3/4* resort in Kos called Blue Lagoon.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/greece/kos/kos-town/hotels/blue-lagoon-resort.html

It was all inclusive, had great pools and very family friendly. We travelled around Kos and went to a few beaches. I've put the link in to show what kind of thing we are looking for.

Can anyone recommend something similar for this year please? I'd like to go to Crete but happy to consider anywhere except Turkey or Egypt.

Tell me your best family friendly resort! Two adults, two kids (one preteen with SN, one 7yrs). Good pools and kids pools are a must as is all inclusive. Anything else is negotiable.

Thank you!

CountessYgritte Thu 18-May-17 14:31:17

Around £5k is our price range. We can't afford Mark Warner sadly.

yohoohoo Thu 18-May-17 15:13:13

this

CountessYgritte Fri 19-May-17 05:34:35

Thanks for the suggestion but it is in Turkey. One of the two places we do t want to go this year. I did mention that in my first post

Silvertap Fri 19-May-17 05:55:33

I'm currently at the family life in Kos and it's amazing! We did the family life in Crete last year which we thought was fab. There weren't as many restaurants and no water park but we loved it.

Zoflorabore Fri 19-May-17 05:59:30

yo I'm going there tomorrow! grin

Op I have been to Crete and it's beautiful, you need to avoid Malia as it's very club 18-30, we went to Stalis.

Have you considered the Costa Del Sol?
Estepona has a number of hotels like the type I'm going to but on a smaller scale, kids clubs, on site slides and family entertainment.

exLtEveDallas Fri 19-May-17 06:17:15

Louis Phaethon Beach Club in Paphos, Cyprus. If you liked the Blue Lagoon you'll love the Phaethon

Scribblegirl Fri 19-May-17 06:21:56

I can't recommend a resort (we were at an adults only there) but completely agree with Eve that Paphos is fabulous and really family friendly, lots to do etc.

foxrun Fri 19-May-17 14:49:47

Funny, saw the title of the thread and came to suggest blue lagoon in Kos. Here now it's great.

HemanOrSheRa Fri 19-May-17 14:54:45

We stayed at the Ikos Oceania last year. It was amazing. Not an awful lot to do in the surrounding area though. The hotel, rooms, food, everything was fantastic. www.ikosholidays.co.uk/hotel/halkidiki/ikos-oceania/special-offers?gclid=CjwKEAjwr_rIBRDJzq-Z-LC_2HgSJADoL57H1zSFIHeibKRf563Ow0rbj6GcSA2M3aDyLCxA6iZvwxoCewvw_wcB.

Gazelda Fri 19-May-17 15:03:49

Have a look at Aleathon Resort in Paphos (First Choice). We were there last year and loved it. Relaxing, great pools and activities, spacious, clean, good food and drink range.

CountessYgritte Sat 20-May-17 13:54:39

Thank you everyone. Will have a look st your suggestions.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 20-May-17 21:34:12

We have stayed here and it was lovely - right on a sandy. Each with views to a wee port and a lovely wee church. On the edge of the resort which we didn't really go into much.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelReview-g635612-d581978-Reviews-Mitsiss_FalirakiBeachh_Hotel-FalirakiRhodess_DodecaneseSouthh_Aegean.html

ErrrrrNo Tue 23-May-17 10:25:16

Can I just hijack your thread a little! I've recently come into a small amount of Money and i'm using it for our first family holiday, planning on going May 2018 and have found a place in Crete that looks good. It comes out at 1,700 for 4 of us 7daysall inc and flights from our home. Does this sound like a reasonable cost? It looks good to me but I'm scared to press the 'book' button! I'm not used to spending this much money! TIA.

outnumbered38 Tue 23-May-17 10:41:35

We had a lovely time at the Evenia Olympic park hotel in Lloret de Mar (Spain) last summer. Nice pools and water slides on site but also walkable to the Water World water park. We booked direct with hotel for less and with a higher level of all inclusive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now