Talk

Advanced search

Berlin - where to stay with young children

(7 Posts)
StorminaBcup Thu 18-May-17 08:29:52

We're going to Berlin in late November with our ds (4 and 18mths) for a mid-week break (for my 40th although I'm in denial!). We've looked at things to do but I'm a bit stuck at where to stay. Are we better in an apartment or a hotel? Where's best location wise? Any other tips or recommendations also appreciated!
Thank you.

MummaGiles Thu 18-May-17 08:32:20

Not been to Berlin myself but this article might help? (Sorry don't know how to do clicky links)

www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/jan/26/berlin-city-breaks-with-kids-family-holidays-germany

MummaGiles Thu 18-May-17 08:32:31

Oh! Turns out I do!

StorminaBcup Thu 18-May-17 09:14:24

Brill, thanks MummaGiles

bingohandjob Sat 20-May-17 21:52:23

We always stay in an apartment - Mitte is great, central to everything, great restaurants and bars, easy public transport. Loads to see, very kid friendly. Take the 4 year old to make their own Ritter chocolate bar www.ritter-sport.de/en/Visit-RITTER-SPORT/berlin.html
This is a useful site www.visitberlin.de/en/experience/berlin-for-families

cudbywestrangers Sat 20-May-17 22:09:07

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment near bellevue when we went with our 2 (who were 3.5 and 9mo) last November. It was great! Short walk to the s bahn and so easy to get to all the attractions.

We liked having our own kitchen so could do breakfast and the odd tea at ourselves, and we've always struggled in hotels as our older one struggles to sleep if we're in the room so being able to put him in a room on his own meant we could at least read or watch dvds in the evenings (and I went to the Reichstag one evening leaving dh with the boys). That said, we found some hotels that seems very family friendly and had adjoining rooms that might have worked well for us.

Have a fantastic time!

StorminaBcup Sun 21-May-17 08:52:13

Thank you Bingohandjob and cudbywestrangers. I'll check Mitte out.

We've had the same issue with hotel rooms, I wondered if any did a double room as I don't fancy being in bed at 7 every night! I'll look at apartments though I think, like you I like the idea of having our own kitchen and living space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now