Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp longlist to slightly shorter list

(7 Posts)
Twine88 Tue 16-May-17 11:51:56

We are considering taking the kids on a Eurocamp holiday next year, and I have read and researched and based on our kids ages of 4-7 I have shortlisted to the below sites.

Bella Italia - Lake Garda
Altomincio - Lake Garda
Marina di Venezia - Adriatic
Union Lido - Adriatic

Les Peneyrals - Dordogne
St Avit Loisirs - Dordogne
Domaine de la Rive - Gascony

We will aim to book direct rather then Eurocamp as that seems to be better for price and accommodation, but my main concern is weather and facilities as we can only go away during the May/June half term.

Has anyone been to these sites during late May/early June? Were they fully open? Pools warm enough for kids to actually enjoy? So many questions

Any additional pros and cons welcome!

AngelicCurls Tue 16-May-17 23:43:40

We're going to St Avit at the start of June so will report back, fingers crossed it's warm!

Twine88 Wed 17-May-17 09:50:35

AngelicCurls thankyou so much, I would really appreciate it. I actually spoke to a fruend yesterday who had been there in August last year, she said it was an amazing site!

I hope you have a great time - and great weather!

outnumbered38 Wed 17-May-17 09:55:02

We're going to St Avit in august, sorry that doesn't help you much.

Twine88 Wed 17-May-17 18:28:50

outnumbered38 it would be great to hear any feedback either way!

cloisonne Thu 18-May-17 13:08:09

I've been to Union Lido at May Half Term but with Gustocamp because the accommodation was better quality for the price. Definitely fully open and you would have really bad luck to have rubbish weather then. Venice was still heaving with tourists - when isn't it? We've been on plenty of short haul European May Half Term holidays and the weather has been at least in the mid 20's, if not more which is hot enough for us. We tend to aim for the Med & Southern Europe but the Adriatic was fine. Not boiling hot, less crowds and cheaper than Aug - what's not to like?

Twine88 Thu 18-May-17 17:27:47

cloisonne that's good to hear. Union Lido looks amazing, I have looked into accomodation with Eurocamp but ther seemed to be alot of poor reviews for them - Bolero seem to be preferred - but will look at Gustocamp as well. Thankyou.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now