Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris accommodation for a family of 5

(41 Posts)
5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 14:15:10

Hi

Can anyone recommend anywhere suitable for a family of 5, where we won't have to split into two entirely separate rooms and the children won't end up sharing a bed or in some kind of unsatisfactory, annoyingly cramped room?

We looked at the Davy Crockett ranch, but they have 2 bed units and no floor plan - we do a lot of Eurocamp style holidays but normally have 3 beds in that kind of mobile home set up as the rooms are always very small and eldest DC is nearly a teen girl, then younger 2 are boys...

Davy Crocket also says "no free park shuttle" - has anyone stayed there? Do you know whether that means no shuttle at all and you need a hire car, or just that there is transport but you have to pay?

The hotel options seem to have family rooms but no detailed information - for some kind of "special" holiday it would be deeply annoying to roll up and find 2 double beds and a camp/ sofa bed rather than a big double and 3 singles (bunk bed and a single or whatever.

I'd be really interested to hear of accommodation solutions for families with 3 primary/ early secondary age children.

4yoniD Sun 14-May-17 14:30:50

I do know you have to have a car to stay at Davy C. Can't help with the rest I'm afraid.

5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 14:45:32

Thanks - that is helpful.

We were intending to take the train or fly, but could hire a car. Not totally ruled out driving, but it's a long way from where we live...

Davy Crocket so far seems to be the only option unless we want some kind of rather crappy make shift arrangement where either two kids share a bed or the adults each share a bed with a child - for the eye watering price of a Disney hotel I'd like to actually get some sleep!

Its surprisingly hard to find any information on the room layouts of the Disney hotels, it seems a massive amount of digging about will be required to ensure the children have a bed each - I rather expected booking a Disney holiday to be very easy and user friendly!

4yoniD Sun 14-May-17 14:55:55

Have you looked into the non-Disney hotels? There are a few near by. Generally reviews are really good, nice family friendly places with shuttles and generally cheaper than the Disney hotels. No idea how good they are for families of 5, but wouldn't suprise me if at least one has decent options. The reviews of Davy Crockett seem a bit hit and miss.

leccybill Sun 14-May-17 15:00:05

I can really recommend Vienna House Magic Circus hotel which is on the free shuttle route and has interconnecting family rooms which sleep 6. Their evening buffet is great too.

5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 15:09:35

Oh that does look good - the "family connecting room" would be the option that would work. Thank you very much.

Does anyone know whether any actual Disney hotels have room set ups like that (connecting rooms with bunk beds for the kids), with park tickets and fast pass included?

Floralnomad Sun 14-May-17 15:19:38

Im pretty sure there are rooms with connecting doors in the New York and the Disneyland hotel , your easiest option is to ring up to book , I've always found the people on the phones at the Disneylandparis site are really helpful . You do need a car for Davy Crockett but parking is free at the park for DC residents .

5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 15:35:17

Thanks Floral - I guess I'll have to phone. The Disneyland hotel has room descriptions and the few rooms that sleep 5 are are all "2 double beds plus a sofa". Rooms to sleep 4 are 2 doubles.

Is this really what people want? Can there be so little demand for "family" rooms actually set up for families - who one earth would ever have a preference for 2 double beds in the same room? It is making me irrationally annoyed! grin

SallyGardens Sun 14-May-17 15:41:48

The Explorers Hotel has a 6-bed room with a double bed and bunks in the main room and a smaller room off with another set of bunks in it.

Mummummummummummmmmmy Sun 14-May-17 15:44:33

We stayed in the Santa fe cars themed hotel, it had an adjoining room for the dcs and I'm almost sure it had a pullout bed too

It also offers the free disney park shuttle, we loved it and are hopefully going back this year.

5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 15:54:05

Thank you Sally !

That would be perfect although DH says its too expensive-

SallyGardens Sun 14-May-17 16:01:47

A bit further out (beside the shopping centre/train station) there are appartments with 1 or 2 bedrooms as well.

5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 16:01:54

The Santa Fe family room is described as "1 double bed, 1 sofa bed, 1 truckle bed, sleeps 6" so it would still mean children sharing a bed Mummmmmmmmmmmmmmy or do they actually have rooms with bunks in a side room and just not list them on the website?

CamdenTownie Sun 14-May-17 16:16:11

I've been to Disneyland Paris 3 times, as a family of 5, we had interconnected rooms the last time at the hotel Cheyenne, but be prepared to pay big bucks as you are paying to accommodate 8 people, the sofa bed/ sharing doesn't/wouldn't bother me and my youngest is 10 now but it's not available anyway.

I think the Newport and Disneyland hotels both have family suites, but again they will very expensive.

CamdenTownie Sun 14-May-17 16:17:34

I've been to Disneyland Paris 3 times, as a family of 5, we had interconnected rooms the last time at the hotel Cheyenne, but be prepared to pay big bucks as you are paying to accommodate 8 people, the sofa bed/ sharing doesn't/wouldn't bother me and my youngest is 10 now but it's not available anyway.

At least it wasn't available when we stayed!

Floralnomad Sun 14-May-17 16:21:50

I must say sharing never bothered us and mine would always prefer that to having to sleep in single bunks anyway as neither would sleep on the bottom . In fact I remember doing the Big Blue Hotel at Blackpool once in a room with a king and bunk beds and dh slept on the bottom bunk whilst one of the dc shared with me and the other had the top bunk , bit of a squeeze for poor dh.

CotswoldStrife Sun 14-May-17 16:23:02

Crockett Ranch is where we normally stay, last time there was one bedroom with a double bed/ensuite and another bedroom with three single beds. You do need your own transport. It's fab if you do though, children can have their own room and you have the lounge/patio to sit on and chill in the evening and a fridge to chill the wine and beer.

xyzandabc Sun 14-May-17 16:27:12

We are a family of 5 and feel your pain when booking holidays days where everything is geared up for 2 adults 2 kids. We stayed at Davy Crockett but you do need a car. The cabin was double room at one end, living area with TV, table and little kitchen in the middle then 3 single beds in the room at the other end. Was perfect. Also meant we could do our own breakfast and the odd beans on toast dinner instead of having to shell out to eat out every meal.
DC also has a pool so one day we went to the parks early, came back had a swim/chill for the afternoon, then went back to the park.later for the fireworks.

AnnoyingKitten Sun 14-May-17 16:28:36

I took my 4 DDs last year and we stayed at the Santa Fe. We had 2 rooms with a connecting door, each room had 2 double beds. It was brilliant.

5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 16:31:36

The Disneyland family rooms sleep 5 but in 2 doubles and a sofa.

I know lots of people don't mind sharing but mine are wriggly and not little any more.

We stay in Youth hostel family rooms abroad which tend to be 3 sets of bunks and the DC are totally used to and happy with sleeping in bunks.

I was away with the DC on my own last month (long journey visiting relatives and had a night in an airport hotel to save getting up at silly o'clock on the way home) and the 3 DC and I shared a "family" room with 2 double beds. Its was OK, but initially DD wanted to share with me, but the s DSs wouldn't fall asleep in one bed, kept messing about, and eventually I had to have DS1 in with me and DD shared with DS2...

It just isn't ideal with a pre teen girl and 9 and 6 year old over excited wriggly boys... I know it works for some people, but I'm surprised anyone would actually prefer two doubles to a double and singles or a double and bunks...

I'm going to go to a travel agent tomorrow and see if they are any use - have all of you generally booked online? Or by phone? Or through a travel agent?

It seems there are options - spending the amount a few nights of Disney costs I really don't want to feel its all some kind of make do "budge up" bed sharing sleepless compromise - fine if we were being put up for free by friends or for a single short stop over night in a Premier Inn, not so fine for significantly over a thousand pounds (or even over 2 thousand, depending on the hotel) for 3 nights!

5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 16:35:58

xyzandabc and Cotswold one double bedroom and one room with 3 singles plus a living area sounds absolutely perfect... Its just the car issue as it would be almost 10 hours driving time each way (without traffic jams) from where we live (we checked). We should look into hiring a car in Paris perhaps...

How is parking at the park? I know its free, but is it inconvenient? Do you end up walking for half an hour across miles of car park?

SallyGardens Sun 14-May-17 16:35:58

Mine are 15, 12 and 8 (GBG fwiw) and we go pretty much annually. Last three times have been the Explorers and the Adagio - I think the last time we stayed in any of the "regular" hotels, my oldest was 9!

Floralnomad Sun 14-May-17 16:40:52

The drive on the French side takes about 3 hours and we've been doing it for 24 yrs and I've never been in a jam on the way out , and have only had minor jams around Charles de Gaulle on the way back . Perhaps look into staying overnight near the channel tunnel and getting an early shuttle as you can still be in the park just after lunch .

5moreminutes Sun 14-May-17 16:43:26

Adagio family apartment also looks good Sally

Do you just buy the park tickets separately?

It all gets so expensive so quickly, and DH gets put off!

Floralnomad Sun 14-May-17 16:43:33

We live in Kent and we've done it as a day trip a couple of times , it's really not far once you get to the SE , in fact I'm doing it as a day trip in a couple of weeks as we generally do our 'stay' during December but want to see the 25th anniversary stuff in the summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now