Talk

Advanced search

Easyjet

(28 Posts)
Stephlora88 Thu 11-May-17 11:54:18

I have booked flights for my partner & I on easyjet. We will be travelling with our 3 month son who will be sat on my knee for the duration. I have tried to contact the airline & find online if i am required to notify them. Can i just tell them on the day when we arrive at the airport? Tia

ImperfectTents Thu 11-May-17 11:57:07

Have you booked a ticket for your baby?

namechange20050 Thu 11-May-17 11:58:00

Your son needs to be booked a ticket too.

Backinthebox Thu 11-May-17 12:01:50

Dear god, book him a ticket! He won't be allowed to fly without one, but they should be free if he is sitting on your lap. It's not worth it to turn up at the airport and just hope for the best.

namechange20050 Thu 11-May-17 12:03:09

It's not free, you'll pay tax.

Stephlora88 Thu 11-May-17 12:14:55

There was no option to book a ticket online for him! Will get on the phone now...thanks a lot! Am i right in thinking he wont need a passport?

OneThingAndThenTheNext Thu 11-May-17 12:15:41

He needs a passport OP.

FreeNiki Thu 11-May-17 12:17:18

Am i right in thinking he wont need a passport?

Oh my god almighty I despair of some people.

Of course he needs a passport.

Are you actually serious?!

squeaver Thu 11-May-17 12:18:41

On the very first page of the Easyjet website, it asks who is travelling and there is a box to tick for infants 0 -2 years. you don't have to pay but he must have a ticket. AND a passport!! Of course, a passport.

ImperfectTents Thu 11-May-17 12:19:50

There is an option. YoU can cancel your flight within 24 hrs and pay only an admin fee. Or it might be cheaper to phone up and sort it.

HateSummer Thu 11-May-17 12:22:18

😳😳😳😳

squeaver Thu 11-May-17 12:22:33

Actually I think you do have to pay for an infant.

BrieAndChilli Thu 11-May-17 12:26:22

I think an infant is something like £10 per flight.
You need a passport. Times are currently 7-10 days but they waiting time quickly increases the closer it gets to summer, can sometimes be up to 3 months!!!!
When are you flying??

buzzmoon Thu 11-May-17 12:32:34

🤦🏽‍♀️

Stephlora88 Thu 11-May-17 12:34:40

I was just going by the section online re travel documentation.

Children and domestic travel
Children under the age of 16 do not need to show ID on domestic routes. The adult they are travelling with can vouch for the infant's/child's identification, providing the relevant photo ID is shown (by the adult). On International routes a passport will be required.

Will call though to get it all sorted.

Hiphopopotamus Thu 11-May-17 12:35:38

So you're just traveling within the UK?

FreeNiki Thu 11-May-17 12:40:51

If it's domestic, maybe. Call the airline and take the childs birth certificate with you to show.

The parents names on the birth certificate will match your passport

welshweasel Thu 11-May-17 12:44:04

Where are you going?

welshweasel Thu 11-May-17 12:44:43

When I flew easyJet to Belfast I didn't have to show any documents. We did however need a ticket for DS!

Stephlora88 Thu 11-May-17 12:50:35

All sorted. Dont require a passport as flying domestic & he has now been added to my boarding ticket as will sit on my lap! 😆

DavidPuddy Thu 11-May-17 12:50:41

Infant tickets do cost on easyjet, but it is not much - about 30 euros. I have flown a lot with easyjet and my baby and I find them good, by the way.

squeaver Thu 11-May-17 12:51:50

If it's UK only then of course you don't need a passport. I did think you needed some form of id but obviously not. We always take our passports even for domestic flights - easiest way to carry photo id.

But you do need a ticket. You can't wait until you get to the airport. You'll find yourself in a heap of trouble.

Here's a tip, though. You'll get on the plane first because you have a child. As long as it's not a completely full flight, just pop the baby on the seat next to you. Believe me, no one's going to ask you to move it and you'll get a bit more space for the flight.

PatriciaHolm Thu 11-May-17 18:04:13

"Here's a tip, though. You'll get on the plane first because you have a child. As long as it's not a completely full flight, just pop the baby on the seat next to you. Believe me, no one's going to ask you to move it and you'll get a bit more space for the flight."

Er, Easyjet allocate all seats now, no more no-allocated-seats-bunfighting, so if the baby is sat on someone's seat they are definitely going to ask for them to be moved!

BarbaraofSeville Fri 12-May-17 09:13:32

I think 30 euros for an infant is a lot when they don't get a seat (or luggage allowance?). That's about £25 and I've flown for that amount, or not much more, plenty of times, with a seat and cabin bag included.

Backinthebox Fri 12-May-17 17:47:51

I think 30 euros for an infant is a lot when they don't get a seat (or luggage allowance?). That's about £25 and I've flown for that amount, or not much more, plenty of times, with a seat and cabin bag included.

Just getting a £55 million aircraft off the ground to fly a UK route costs an unbelievable amount: The airport demands landing fees, slot fees, and there can be airspace fees. The government charges an Air Passenger Duty on passengers. The aircraft needs to be fuelled - a minimum of 6 tons of fuel for even a domestic flight. There are pilots whose training has cost upwards of £250K each, cabin crew, a whole range of ground staff needed to get the aircraft away. Engineering costs.

I am regularly astounded that people expect access to all of that for such a pittance. I don't think it is a huge amount to ask even for an infant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now