Talk

Advanced search

South of France Campsites

(10 Posts)
Lamornac Mon 08-May-17 14:30:05

Hi - would be very grateful for recommendations for a eurocamp style campsite (mobile home) far south enough to guarantee good weather! I feel completely overwhelmed by choice of campsite and company (yelloh, sandaya, sunelia etc). I have x2 ds - 13 and 11 who need waterslides (!) for entertainment and a dd 4. Never done this kind of holiday before and am worried about sites being too noisy (?). I would like to be near pretty towns/villages too. I would be really grateful for any advice. Oh and we are driving down too but that is another whole load of arrangements........

bitofabelly Tue 09-May-17 21:07:34

La sirene...near Perpignan...fab water slides for your age group and nice places to tour to

Lamornac Thu 11-May-17 22:07:57

Thank you!

heateallthebuns Thu 11-May-17 22:28:06

We like la chapelle also near Perpignan.
But going to one near port grimaud this year eeeeek can't wait.
Not noisy.
Can walk to shops restaurants beach and harbour.
Eurocamp good, have clubs for kids of yours ages.

A1Sharon Sun 14-May-17 09:53:50

We went to la Serignan Plage twice when DC were younger, around 9,7,3 ages.
We had never been camping before, we stayed in one of the wooden chalets,Cabin Robinson, the 'tree house' the kids called it. It was lovely. A double bedroom, then a room with big bunk bed and a roll out trundle underneath for little ones.
There was a dishwasher, microwave, hob, fridge freezer etc, living area, lovely outside space with hammock, and we arranged to have a gas BBQ too-you pay extra for this, not much though.
It is like a little village in itself, right on a nature reserve and on the beach-a lovely sandy, golden beach. Oh, you get bikes with your cabin, we hired extra so we all had one-your DD will have a seat on the back. So you can whizz around. Lovely shops on site, a supermarket, butcher/deli and the most amazing bakery/patisserie and a fruit/veg shop. There is a fruit/veg stall out on the main road too that we used to cycle out to.
Footy pitches on site, table tennis, water fountains to splash in, a mini market, entertainment if you want in the evening, a restaurant-which also does a take away service, pizza/burgers etc.
Swimming pool with 2 small water slides.
My lot loved it, we went two years in a row. They had great freedom to cycle about go to the shop alone etc, very safe.
We did horse riding locally, and visited lots of local towns, Beziers was gorgeous and Serignan on market day was lovely.
I met a lady in the laundry room one day and she said she had been doing the campsites in the south of France for 20 years and she thought this was the best one!
Here.

A1Sharon Sun 14-May-17 09:55:20

Whatever accommodation you go for make sure it has A/C!

Lamornac Mon 15-May-17 16:16:08

Thank you - it is great to have recommendations for those 3 - will look hard for some availability.

sanitygirl Mon 15-May-17 16:20:26

I stayed at this place at the end of August last year and loved it.
www.var-camping.eu/en/
Not too big, but great pool and waterslides and also close to beach and the pretty town of Hyeres. We spent almost all of our time by the pool/waterslides. The mobile home looked very new and was immaculate.

mylittlepeanut Wed 17-May-17 10:15:17

I second La Sirene! I went 6 times as a child and will be taking my children for their third time this year. My kids are almost 11 and 13 and we will hardly see them as the campsite has a very safe feel and there is always lots going on. HTH

Lamornac Fri 19-May-17 11:49:20

Hi. Just to update and in case it is of use. We decided not to drive all the way to coast and have booked a camp in the Ardeche called Le Ranc Davaine. Hopefully far enough south! Thanks for your help and if we like it I intend to visit all of the above as surely it is the way forward with 3 children!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now