Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp Bella Italia Lake Garda

(5 Posts)
Chocolateorangegoblin Thu 27-Apr-17 18:40:09

Has anyone been and got any tips or suggestions of day trips, places to eat etc? Its our first holiday abroad with kids (4 and 1) and I want to make the most of it.
We are planning a day to Verona, Milan(on the way back to the airport) not sure if Venice is a good idea with small kids? And is Gardaland worth the money?
Thanks!

NotCitrus Thu 27-Apr-17 18:59:44

Is that the one next to Bardolino and the next town north? Plenty of pedalos and rowboats, a lovely marble crazy golf in Bardolino, some Scaliger castles eg in Sirmione, go to Malcesine and get the cable car up the mountain.
The water park next to Gardaland is fab. Either hire donuts or you collect your own from the bottom of rides and roll them up the hill yourself.
Verona would be good for a day especially when they are setting up for an opera and you can just sit in the colisseum. Venice would be great but may be a bit far for a day trip - it's about 90 min from Verona I recall.

The wine museum was fun for adults but it's basically a glorified attempt to sell wine. Ditto olive oil museum.

Iamastonished Thu 27-Apr-17 21:15:02

Take the ferry to Sirmione. Malcesine is brilliant, and if you take the ferry get the fast one as it takes too long to get there on the normal ones from Peschiera. We loved Gardone as well. None of us are fans of theme parks so we never went to Gardaland. If your 4 year old isn't good at holding hands I strongly recommend you take some baby reins with you especially when you are next to the lake or in crowds.

Chocolateorangegoblin Fri 28-Apr-17 20:38:54

Yes was planning on taking the backpack with reins for the airport etc.
Will have a look at the other suggestions, thanks. Do you know if any of these little towns would be buggy friendly or should we just sling it?
Thanks.

Iamastonished Fri 28-Apr-17 21:02:49

Malcesine is very hilly with steep streets from what I remember, so a buggy would be quite difficult. Gardone is hilly as well. Sirmione is flat as are all of the towns at the southern end of the lake. The markets are worth visiting. We went to Garda market and Peschiera market, which was very crowded.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now