Talk

Advanced search

Zante

(5 Posts)
Nospringflower Tue 25-Apr-17 13:40:28

Went here 20 odd years ago and liked some parts but cant remember which! I know some parts are very busy and for young folk - is there anywhere good for families (not young kids)

WandaOver Tue 25-Apr-17 14:25:29

I first went to Zante in the 1980s. Later, when DC were small we stuck to Spain and Portugal where there are more amenities.
Last year went back with three teenagers and loved it. I had forgotten how lovely the Greek people are, although their lack of tourist infrastructure is still frustrating. Almost anywhere you go in France or Spain will have lovely promenades and parks whereas in Greece you are very lucky if there is a pavement grin.
We went to Tsilivi, chosen because it's a largish resort but not an 18/30 destination (Laganas - avoid). Stayed in a small hotel on the beach. Lots of great restaurants, a long narrow beach and some nightlife. We went on a lovely boat trip.

Hadenoughtoday Tue 25-Apr-17 14:28:09

Steer clear of Laganas which is full of clubs and lots of drunk people.

Alykes/Alakanas are very small and quiet.

Tsilivi is inbetween.
Beautiful green island and I would visit again tomorrow if the inlaws didn't live there!

Nospringflower Tue 25-Apr-17 14:45:58

Thanks folks - will have a look at the places you have mentioned. We can get cheap flights there and I was hoping to get a boat from there to Kefalonia as well. I had forgotten how much I used to like Greece!

Greycat11 Tue 25-Apr-17 20:37:35

I came on to say Alykanas too, stayed there last year at the Alykanas Beach Village, booked through Thomson.
Our family had a great time there last year and we are going again this year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: