Talk

Advanced search

Nielsen Missoni - anyone been/planning to go?

(14 Posts)
Agoddessonamountaintop Tue 25-Apr-17 11:44:31

Just that really - thinking of doing a beach club in Sept, just the two of us, but not sure about going adults only as per the the new Neilsen site, or whether somewhere like Wildwind or Ocean Elements might be better.
There seem to be a lot of disgruntled Nielsen clients on Trip Advisor, but we've been with them a few times years ago and had a good time - granted the accommodation is basic but the kit has always been pretty good.
Not to dripfeed: one of us is dead keen on sailing/windsurfing, the other isn't, but is happy to do a bit of windwobbling and would probably try any fitness clases on offer.

Agoddessonamountaintop Tue 25-Apr-17 20:40:02

Bump?

theredjellybean Mon 08-May-17 14:12:57

just seen this...as lookign for anyone who has or is booked to go to the new neilson in coatia this yr ( we are going ).
I would say we stayed near ocean elements last yr in greece and it looked really quite scruffy and the beach its on is not that nice .
i would definitely go for neilson over ocean elements

theredjellybean Mon 08-May-17 14:13:56

also OE is very very much geared for serious sailing and windsurfing...i looked at it last year and was told there might be a bit of yoga and a bit of biking if enough people wanted to do it...

Agoddessonamountaintop Mon 08-May-17 14:50:53

Ah okay thanks jellybean. Must say, I've never been on a Nielson beach that was amazing so that says something! To be fair, I haven't been on a beachclub holiday recently, we Did a few of those holidays before kids. I think they're gearwd up more for launching than aesthetic beauty. There's a similar thread running atm, you might find an answer there.

theredjellybean Tue 09-May-17 19:35:33

i did thanks
i agree the beachs at neilson are not gorgeous silky golden sand but then they are never in the locations were you get those kind of beaches...but the OE was on a seriously scruffy road and beach with the water being quite murky due to the local town ( which was quite cute) having a working harbour and dredging going on and alot of heavy harbour building work going on.
neilson at least always feel quite secluded and aeshtetically pretty and quiet

theredjellybean Tue 09-May-17 19:36:29

oh and this year will be 7 th neilson holiday i have done and we have never had anything but amazing time

Agoddessonamountaintop Tue 09-May-17 21:47:05

Well you'd be the perfect person to ask Jelly - where would you go if you were booking a Nielson holiday sans dcs?

theredjellybean Fri 12-May-17 17:26:37

i would try the new adults only resort...

theredjellybean Fri 12-May-17 17:29:54

all the neilson resorts we have been to before were in turkey so now closed..we are off to the new croatia one in the summer...last yr on a different extra sneaky holiday we stayed near the retreat at sivota...it is gorgeous, sivota is very pretty and the whole coastline around there was stunning. That would be my second choice

Chocolategirl999 Sat 13-May-17 14:41:48

Does anyone know of a way to get a good discount.Obviously in previous years I ve had the 10% mums net discount but that has now finished.i ve seen u can get 5% off messini with b.watersking club but membership negates the discount value.any ideas anyone??

theredjellybean Sat 13-May-17 15:03:18

join RYA...we joined up youngest dsd as a junior member, think cost about £25 / yr and then got Neilson 5% discount which on family of 6 ( 5 adults, one teenager) is quite a bit more than 25 quid

AlannaOfTrebond Thu 01-Jun-17 23:35:56

Have a look at Horizon on Lefkas. Smaller start up, but with great staff and kit. Surprised Nielson are back in Croatia after the Lumbarda 17 staff deportation incident! Can second the fact that the Sivota, (Thesprotia, mainland) is lovely though.

Dredging and work on the new harbour in Vass near Ocean Elements should be finished this summer.

Rhumba Mon 05-Jun-17 12:19:32

I'M off to croatia in a few weeks. When are you going jelly bean? Intrigued as to what the Lumbarda 17 incident is??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now