Talk

Advanced search

Help me decide please!

(16 Posts)

Ideally want a European city break for August. I'd like it to be warm but not really hot, and to have little risk of rain. Ideally it would have lots of history, will be easy to navigate by public transport and will have plenty of places to drink coffee and people watch. Any ideas, please?

ShanghaiDiva Tue 25-Apr-17 07:24:03

Stockholm?

mummymeister Tue 25-Apr-17 08:49:02

Amsterdam? you could look at Iceland as well if you wanted to do something different. also Dublin is lovely and Cardiff if you want a bit closer to home.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 25-Apr-17 09:04:27

Lisbon

Thank you. Food for thought!

Lisbon will probably be too hot. Definitely not Cardiff and I think the weather in Dublin maybe too unreliable. Have been to Amsterdam and not sure I'd want to go back.

Stockholm sounds lovely, but likely to be v expensive.

RebelAllianceUK Tue 25-Apr-17 19:04:16

Utrecht, Cologne, Milan all great for this.

Loyly Tue 25-Apr-17 19:08:28

I would say any of the Nordic capitals but, as you said, they are more expensive.

We had a wonderful time in Wrocław - doing the kind of things you want - and it was really sunny and hot but not overpoweringly so.

Thanks. Lots to Google here!

SealSong Tue 25-Apr-17 19:34:38

Nantes

Stokey Wed 26-Apr-17 10:37:06

Northern Spain - Santander & Bilbao are both lovely.

ShotsFired Wed 26-Apr-17 11:00:22

Hamburg, Bruges, Antwerp, Channel Islands, Scillies, Munich, Prague, Vienna, any one of a hundred French cities?

Makemineacabsauv Thu 27-Apr-17 23:14:17

Athens.
Dubrovnik
Krakow
Budapest
Barcelona
Seville
Grenada
Madrid

IrregularCommentary Thu 27-Apr-17 23:15:11

Berlin

Sundayafternoonblues Thu 27-Apr-17 23:23:00

I think Tallinn ticks all your boxes. Far enough North not to be baking, but not as pricey as the Scandinavian capitals. Definitely not short on history!

Thanks all.

Really want to go to Tallinn but no flights from our airport. Will have a look at some of the others.

AdaColeman Fri 28-Apr-17 17:01:35

Another vote for Krakow, such a beautiful city. Masses of history, wonderful food, quite compact.
Or what about Trieste for somewhere different?

I've been in Athens in August and it was stiflingly hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now